Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Hi mjoubre... do you have some pic?  Your girls (and maybe boy) should be around 16 to 20 weeks old... ish;) What kind are they? Some breeds developer later then others. Some very early... We all love pics here;) It could also help us help you... My new chicks are a long way off. They are only 8 weeks old. Since they were hatched from my own girls ( the boys were delicious) I'm still not sure what we have... how many boys vs girls. Still no crowing yet... But it should not be much longer now. I really look forward to seeing your pic (hint ;) of your first eggs.

Hey CatSol and everybody! I was hoping y'all could take a look at my pullets. My Barred Rock has started squatting so I should be getting an egg from her soon.
1f601.png
My BLR is definetly a Roo. He has recently started crowing his heart out. Lol. Let me know what y'all think of my other 3. Thanks!
SL Wyandotte

Lavender Orpington

GL Wyandotte

Hey CatSol and everybody! I was hoping y'all could take a look at my pullets. My Barred Rock has started squatting so I should be getting an egg from her soon.
1f601.png
My BLR is definetly a Roo. He has recently started crowing his heart out. Lol. Let me know what y'all think of my other 3. Thanks!
SL Wyandotte

Lavender Orpington

GL Wyandotte

1f601.png
SL Wyandotte

Lavender Orpington

GL Wyandotte

Last edited:
Oh I'm really hoping not as that would put me down to 4 :( But I was starting to feel that way, she/he is really large sized and keeping my eyebrow raised :( I guess if so my daughter from another mother will be getting another chicken LOL

im waiting for 2 EE's. my black cochin bantam laid before anyone else DX
Hi Howlett, welcome!

let us know when those EE"s lay, I love to see the different colors of EE eggs, and they are all so different!

MB

Last year we decided to start raising chicken we saw some some really cute chicks for sale at a supply store and decided to leap into it.
We purchased 8 chicks 6 New Hampshire Reds and 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks. We had purchased two for hubby two for me and 1 for each of our 4 Florida
grandchildren and we named them all. We then decided to keep them in our spare room. We put a tarp down covered it with wood chips,
my husband then made an indoor coop out of pvc he made a 5'x 8' frame and covered it with chicken wire.
Well that was our plan until we figured out where they would go when they feathered.
We happened to have a 4' x 6' storage shed so we emptied it out, found new homes for all the stuff
that was in it. Next he laid down a 5'x7' x1" thick cement pad ------------------------------------------------------------he put landscape timbers down
on two sides and then placed the shed on it. For the floor he put 1"x1" wire down and put a 3' plank so we can walk in to get eggs out
from the 9 nesting boxes he put in on the inside wall, which later we found out 6 would have been enough.
We then finished by using chicken wire and hardware cloth. But how we built the rest is another story.
Well it's 18 months later we now have over 10 different breeds coming to almost 70 named chickens,plus 5 incubators filled. We truly love
being chicken farmers.

I am going to make curtains for mtg nest boxes today, see what happens there. the girls have been marching in and out all day, no eggs yet.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on mine to lay some eggs. I have a 4 backyard chicks hatched May 9th. They've been making more noises than usual but they like to hang outside and not in their coop. Maybe its too hot being that its summertime. But what else should I look out for? How can I help them along? Any tips? Thanks.

I've got one girl laying (small perfect brown eggs) but how long until her sisters, all the same age, will start laying? 6 are 21 weeks old and 2 are 19.5 weeks old. I can't stand the suspense!

Back
Top Bottom