Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Congrats! I am hoping to get an egg soon. My Barred Rock pullet squatted yesterday when I was petting her!
1f60a.png

;) Squatting is normally done for a rooster to mate. The first time they do this means that have reached maturity and will most likely start laying eggs soon. My girls will do that and I rub their back ( some softly some a nice massage;) then they normally stand and shake their feathers back into place. It is very cute. Congrats! On the new eggs and squatting chickens!

Well finally 2 of my young ladies started laying not sure which ones yet
Well CONGRATULATIONS Bobi!!!! That is awesome! Are those white eggs? Heck those are a great size for first time eggs. What breeds do you have? EGGseptional!

Happy for ya!

MB

I have 9 -two month old chicken chicks that my chicken & Turkey hatched.... I know that the math says that half of them should be boys... Dreading the wait to see how may boys I do have. I am starting to see Combs coming in but like it has been posted... Some girls can develop early.
It is not easy to process these birds. I have done it with turkeys but that was only because they were raised for that purpose. I have been clear that my girls are pets. Even the turkey hen we have now has moved from the category of possible dinner item ... And she makes a great adoptive mom;) I just don't think I could process them when they stop laying. I am really worried about the chicks that might become roos.... Lucky a friend of mine had her husband help me with the last roos we had. They were tasty....;)
Love hearing all the new stories and seeing so many new people. Don't know what I would have done without this group. Thanks everyone :)

aww. Cat. Right back at ya! You are one of the very first peeps to reach out to me when I was watching the paint dry, waitin on my eggs! We went through it together,... hard to believe it's been 2 years... amazing.

Let me tell you, with all this hatching I have been doing I have chicks coming out of my ears in all different ages. I just rehomed two 14 week old lavender Ameraucana cockrels. One my handyman took, and the other I brought to a Tractor Supply poultry swap. He was sold in 10 minutes. I cried as I pulled out of the parking lot, they were both incredibly sweet birds. Very tame. Never minded me picking them up. The woman who bought my cockrel from Tractor Supply called me to say he had passed away. She didn't quarantine him, and just put him in with her other birds. I was devastated. Poor little thing was so upset getting pulled from here. and then to their house. His system was surely stressed, and then I am sure he was exposed to something he had never come in contact with at her place. Symptoms sounded like Cocci... I don't think I will be able to go through that again. I wish I knew someone who would help me process, but same here, I could have never done it to them. With this second flock I'm building.. I will be going from 10 birds... to 30. I all ready can't stand the chicken poop on the driveway, the steps, the deck, the steps leading to the house. I swear I would have 50 if it wasn't for all that poop!

I have to get some nest boxes set up for my teenagers... they are getting red combs I swear I heard one make that egg song...The white maran is so pretty. The red combs against her white feathers. I named her Aurora after sleeping beauty. isn't she Purdy?

MB

Hi all...just a quick check in to see how everyone is and to ask a question. I know there are many long threads dedicated to this, but I prefer to ask my dependable little group here.
What have you used for internal worming? I may have a case of gapeworm...well, not me, it's Lacey my silver laced Wyandotte. I'm thinking about an ivermectin pour on....suggestions? Experience?

Their white eggs. First ever since started last year. I have one white leghorn that was ready I have one brown but I don't think she's ready for another month at least because she just started turning pink. I have a few chickens I am not sure what breed they are or what color eggs. I have a variety of different chickens. I like color so to me variety was the way to go. Most I know what are, but few I figured just wait and see.

I was told the white one could be Yoko, and the greyish looking one a silver the other two I do not know. So not sure if they layed the white ones beside knowing my one white legg horn. I do know it was her because she sang the song most of the evening after she laid the egg.

Back
Top Bottom