Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Finally! It's my birthday and Hermia gave me the best present, her first egg!!! And it is green . Doing the happy dance.
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Finally! It's my birthday and Hermia gave me the best present, her first egg!!! And it is green . Doing the happy dance.
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
That is such a lovely shade of green! She knew the best thing to give you! Congratulations!
So happy for you!

MB

OK - here are some pics of my newest little ones :) They hatched last Wednesday. They are just the cutest little things. They are mille fleur d'uccle. There are 6 of them but one of them is acting kind of odd this afternoon....gave it some electrolytes with the eye dropper and put some food near it on the paper towel.....
Angela

Angela, how beautiful! I have to go see what this breed looks like when they are full grown. How precious! Thank you so much for posting these!

MB

congratulations on your birthday egg!!!

& greetings all, i have been busy with snowy chickens and had no time for online chickening!

i have been counting my eggs by memory & blog firsts so far, as it has been easy to remember 2 eggs a day every day! (but for one miss)
but when these little red head barreds start (this photo is feb3, so it should be ANY a.m.) i will start a manual chart :)
i've never weighed them though... is there a reason other than curiosity?

for now, i don't have time for weights, as i wait and wait for an egg or two to eat rather than to bake!
often planning recipes as if they are positively going to lay!

Here are some of my 8 Australorps. They will be 21 weeks old tomorrow and they're supposed to be pullets. I got them from Ideal and they have all been really healthy, despite being put out in the coop at 2 weeks of age (with a light). Even being too many of them for the size of their coop, they have gotten along very well. Waiting for eggs!!

The one below is my little mutt Nina. She has a yellowish tinge to her face and the web between her toes are yellow as are the soles of her feet. She's got something else in her.

BA's are so very friendly and full of personality. The ones with the biggest and reddest combs are always trying to sit on me. If both my knees are full, then a third one will try to sit on my shoulder. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Nina is the most stand-offish, from me and the others.

Hope I did okay with the uploading of these pictures.
You did awesome with the pictures! Thank you for posting them, I think that I am going to definetly get some more. I love the look of the whole flock of them. Black with the red combs are such a nice contrast. I love the way the BA roosters look too. The girls with the biggest comb girls look ready to lay, should be any time now.

MB

OK - I think I'm finally right in there with many of us waiting for those ever elusive first eggs.
barnie.gif

My girls turned 21, 20 and 19 weeks today. I have had the talk with them. I have seen some
of the nesting material entering into the pine shavings so someone is at least checking out
the nest box.

I have chosen only to check every other day or I will make myself crazier than I already am.
Thanks again for this forum. It's nice to know I am in good company!

Back
Top Bottom