Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Hey all...pics of the girls and the roo. I dont own the roo but he is a sweetheart. You can walk up to him and pick him up.. he does a really great job looking out for the girls. Here are a few pics.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have an amazing place Knobbyoaks. I am sorry for the loss of your family. It can be trying but this time together... It can give a person a whole different perspective into the reasons our parents are the people they are. The house we have now is large enough that we can be on opposite sides of the house or property if we want. But not to far if help is needed. My mom does not look her age and is very active here. Some of my family seems to think she needs to do less... but she sets her own pace. She is a retired Lt. from a near by prison. She has no problem saying no to something. But there has been a few mornings that she has had Very low blood sugar. That is real scary... But we both have learned a lot and are more careful about such things. Lucky I am here for that...
Brooster there is a rhyme and a reason for everything... The plans we had as we were younger.... they change into new plans. I see many people go back to school... it is wonderful to see people fallow a dream. My friend who has chickens... she got her doctorate degree then she retired. She saved her money after her divorce and has a wonderful life... she has a house she had built, horses, alpacas, tortoises, dogs... She belongs to several clubs and she is constantly busy. I am sure what ever you choose to do will be exactly the right thing to do at that time.
Thank everyone for be so... you;) Supportive. When it come to my family, If you didn't get knocked up by 16 something is wrong. I still get some of them treating my like a teen just because I don't have kids. I am in my 40's... I got a BA degree... oh well. The rest will come in its own due time. The weather turned cold here and windy... very windy. I do get a little down sometimes. But faire season is just around the corner ;) That is another BIG part of my life... I have worked the Renaissance Pleasure faire for about 20 yrs. It is a lot of fun and my friends there are amazing.

Xhoshin you have beautiful girls and I love your yard. We still have a long way to go before we ever get to a grass lawn..
Theotherfoot.... yahhh... 4 for 4... Hopefully my gold star will start soon. She will be 16 weeks this week... My little marans are not so little anymore but I still have a long wait on them... they are only 12 weeks old. Oh well.. I do have 2 for 2 days and that does add up. Guess what I am having for dinner;)

Wow that is a beautiful Roo... I wish.... No.. I do not need a rooster. We are supposed to be permitted to have 1 roo for every acre. There are SOOOooo many roos out here. I am sure some of these people are fighting them. But I have no proof. I don't let the girls out to free range unless I am spending time in that part of the yard. So I can keep an eye out for birds of prey. But that sure is a lovely boy you have there. What kind is he?

Here are updated pictures of my girls. They are at least 23 weeks old. No eggs.

I love the post of the green eggs. I will definitely be getting some EE next time.

debbie,, I am sorry if I came across as being able to tell anything! I am a total newbie, and am so glad that Brooster chimed in as I was hoping she would! I agree, they are beautiful! I love the look of the EE's and Ameruacanas, especially the roos, with their beards... so pretty!

MB
No problem :) I was just looking for any info. I love the colored eggs was all I was looking for! Hopefully they will give me some, I wasn't sure on the difference myself.

Wanted to share a little bit of spring from the South. Took a stroll around outside today and took pictures of things in bloom and wanted to share with y'all. From the top a Quince, Azalia, Azalia, Japanese Maple, baby Pine cones, Dewberries, and last is Baby's Breath. I hope everyone enjoys! I mean, who doesn't like flowers??

We just got home, delivered girl scout cookies to family in Aberdeen. Our Grand daughter is the great seller LOL I had a 5 egg day today :) But 1 was soft shelled from Lilly our Dominique. :( Trying to catch up on all the posts, you all sound like a lot of strong girls out there! Love it! Like we're neighbors! Glad the weathers turning to spring finally for most, Australia turning to fall? I wish I could do a hatch
hit.gif
and that we were out in the country but I'll be content with my girls. (I'm pushing it having 8
duc.gif
Oops did I say that? Take care all and have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom