Any other good hatcheries...

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
besides Metzer, McMurray, or Holderreads? We are looking to order a white runner and either a chocolate or mallard runner to be delivered mid-August after we are done all our travels. White runners seem to be hard to come by though. Google just hasn't been much help with finding other hatcheries that ship day old ducklings besides those 3 hatcheries.

I haven't found white runners available since I started researching ducks back in Feb/March. Even then, the hatcheries I found were already 'out' of them for the year.

Not very many hatcheries sell those colors. Holderread's have sold out of a lot of their Runner colors as well. I bought out a number of their adult Runners from them and they have sent me several customers for Greys in particular this year. I don't know who got their Whites. I have a few and I think the last time I looked, they still had some adult Whites, but weren't selling ducklings. Both colors are easier to find through private breeders than hatcheries.

Quote:
I'd recommend Sandhill too.
smile.png

They don't have Chocolate Runners, but they do have Grays and Whites. I have a White Runner duck from them that I'm really happy with. Not anywhere near the quality of Holderreads, but really nice Runners, better than what I've seen from McMurray or Metzer. I'm thinking of ordering some Khaki Runners from them next year (which, by the way, are sort of similar to Chocolate - imagine the color of a Khaki Campbell, except on a Runner!), if I can find the pen space for them by then.
roll.png

Anyways, they hatch though the end of August, so you have a good chance of getting them in the time-frame you're looking at.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom