Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
I may have to re-think. A quote from the airlines was almost $1,000 to fly 5 geese and that's just to Honolulu and I'd still need to get them from there to the Big Island.

Hey all! I just moved home to Kona and am getting ready to start my little flock. I really want Cochin, Brahma, and Jersey giants. Does anybody know of anyone who has chicks or even pullets of these breeds here in the state? Or a reputable place that ships to the islands? I looked at the hatchery on 'Oahu but they don't have the breeds I want, and it looks like they only do limited heritage hatchings. Either way I look forward to future insights and Chicken chit chat with everyone.

Hey all! I just moved home to Kona and am getting ready to start my little flock. I really want Cochin, Brahma, and Jersey giants. Does anybody know of anyone who has chicks or even pullets of these breeds here in the state? Or a reputable place that ships to the islands? I looked at the hatchery on 'Oahu but they don't have the breeds I want, and it looks like they only do limited heritage hatchings. Either way I look forward to future insights and Chicken chit chat with everyone.
My father lives in Ocean View on the Big Island, but he doesn't have those breeds. We can ship to the Islands, but presently we have English Orpingtons (as fluffy as Cochins, but bigger
smile.png
), Icelandics, and Olandsk Dwarfs. At present, I don't know anyone who ships to Hawaii with the breeds you listed.

Enjoy your chicken journey!!

Hi everyone! I'm from Ewa Beach on Oahu! :) anyone know any good feed stores that aren't in Waianae, Waimanalo, or the north shore side? Mahalo!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom