Any other hawaiians out there?

Pics
How many did you order? Did they have a large minimum? Thx.

I think minimum for this time of year was only like three. I ended up ordering around 14 chicks, just to make sure the breeds I wanted had a good survival rate. Sold the extras on CL recently.
I ordered a larger batch from Meyer earlier this year as well. Sold them at the STS carnival. I was really impressed with their service and shipping! Seriously, if my backyard was any bigger, I'd be ordering chickens left and right!!

I think minimum for this time of year was only like three. I ended up ordering around 14 chicks, just to make sure the breeds I wanted had a good survival rate. Sold the extras on CL recently.
I ordered a larger batch from Meyer earlier this year as well. Sold them at the STS carnival. I was really impressed with their service and shipping! Seriously, if my backyard was any bigger, I'd be ordering chickens left and right!!

Which breeds did you order each time?

Aloha! I'm in Waianae and new to chicken raising. I've currently got 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Australorp and 1 Ameraucana that I picked up from Asagi. My kids and I are loving it, my husband puts up with it lol.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Ideal Poultry vs Meyer Hatchery vs My Pet Chicken? I think they all ship to Hawaii with various restrictions. I really love the variety My Pet Chicken offers but, the reviews aren't so great. Any thoughts?

Aloha
Checking in from paauilo big island. Finally added chickens in addition to the rabbits we raise on the homestead. Gotta say, the chickens are so much more fun to watch and interact with. I have two Austrolorp x ??? And 12 astrolorp chicks being raised by two crazy hapa jungle fowl.

Aloha from Puna, Big Island. I'm raising solely Silkies at present for a personal breeding project. They're my favorite breed for a number of reasons, but the entertainment factor certainly ranks high. My favorite hen just started laying recently and I can't wait to see how her babies turn out. She's very smart, inquisitive, alert and communicative.

Looking for Black Bearded Silkies (Rooster preferred), & Partridge Bearded Silkies (Hens preferred). Also interested in chicks, or hatching eggs of Black, Partridge, or a cross of the two.

Finding anything Bearded that isn't White has been next to impossible lately. If you or someone you know has Black Bearded birds, please message me asap! Mahalo.

Hi! I live in NH but am planning to move to the big island, Hilo area [...] Do you know if you can buy peafowl close to you? Do you know the cost?

Aloha Bad Wolf. I don't know the names of the individuals with the Peafowl, but do know they are present over here on the East Side. A couple days ago I saw a Craigslist ad for Peachicks located in HPP in Puna, but cannot recall the asking price. There are people up Auli'i Street with them, and I see Peafowl on the sides of the road up Hamakua sometimes, so if you ask around hopefully you can get your hands on some of the cute little buggers without too much hassle in seeking.

Aloha from Puna, Big Island. I'm raising solely Silkies at present for a personal breeding project. They're my favorite breed for a number of reasons, but the entertainment factor certainly ranks high. My favorite hen just started laying recently and I can't wait to see how her babies turn out. She's very smart, inquisitive, alert and communicative.

Looking for Black Bearded Silkies (Rooster preferred), & Partridge Bearded Silkies (Hens preferred). Also interested in chicks, or hatching eggs of Black, Partridge, or a cross of the two.

Finding anything Bearded that isn't White has been next to impossible lately. If you or someone you know has Black Bearded birds, please message me asap! Mahalo.

Hi Slike! I just saw 3 black silkie hens at Kaneohe Farm Supply this weekend. I'm not sure if they are bearded though. I'm kind of in the reverse situation as you as I was looking for white bearded silkies with big fluffy crests but just hatched four partridge chicks two weeks ago from mainland eggs. The chickies are very cute though!

Aloha,

I have one Ayam Cemani pullet for sale. Greenfire >Foxfire Farm bloodlines. 4 months old. -$70.

Also got too many boys from Cackle Hatchery, so these are available:
1 Black Sumatra $25
1 silver duckwing Yokohama $25

No broody hens, alas!

Back
Top Bottom