any paddlers here? (kayak/canoe tips and tricks)

Can't see where you are from in Canada, but I know plenty of guys kayak up there. Other on line forums and you'll meet them. Its always best to find other people to fish with and I have seen a lot of guys waterfowl hunting up there with them.

We are big fans of getting out in our kayaks and canoes. Usually we sea kayak on the coast of Maine and head inland for canoe trips.

20180929_113616.jpg

Sometimes I go solo:

We are big fans of getting out in our kayaks and canoes. Usually we sea kayak on the coast of Maine and head inland for canoe trips.

View attachment 2523257

Sometimes I go solo:

nice,

how is sea kayaking? am not near any ocean (a good 24 hour drive) but always thought it would be fun to go salmon fishing in the bays off a kayak.

nice,

how is sea kayaking? am not near any ocean (a good 24 hour drive) but always thought it would be fun to go salmon fishing in the bays off a kayak.
Sea kayaking is great! It was actually my first love before river kayaking and canoeing, which occupies most of our paddling time now. We have two fiberglass sea kayaks that are awesome for extended trips. We can pretty easily pack a week's worth of gear and island hop along the coast of Maine.

Sea kayaking is great! It was actually my first love before river kayaking and canoeing, which occupies most of our paddling time now. We have two fiberglass sea kayaks that are awesome for extended trips. We can pretty easily pack a week's worth of gear and island hop along the coast of Maine.
i only went kayaking once last year, lets just say the carp where everywhere jumping and hitting the kayaks, thought i was going to fall in.

for some reason i thought of sea kayaking with sharks hitting your kayak instead of carp. lol

hello everyone itsasmallfarm here.

just got a kayak for the first time (its a pelican odyssey 100x) sit in kayak. now i can't wait to get out on the water (as of the time of writing this i think there is like 2-3 feet of ice on the water)

so does anyone have tip or tricks on using a kayak? fishing from one, paddling tricks etc...

but please feel free to share story's and tales of your paddling trips.

thank you for reading itsasmallfarm out :)

Oh yes! We live close to the Buffalo River so we go padding quite frequently. We bought relatively cheap kayaks from Walmart and then my DH bought some parts really cheap online and tricked out our rides with cup holders, removable rod holders, paddle latches and more. If you can operate a drill, you can also do it. We would have paid 4x the cost to buy a kayak with all this stuff. I'll dig up some photos and show you what I mean

Oh yes! We live close to the Buffalo River so we go padding quite frequently. We bought relatively cheap kayaks from Walmart and then my DH bought some parts really cheap online and tricked out our rides with cup holders, removable rod holders, paddle latches and more. If you can operate a drill, you can also do it. We would have paid 4x the cost to buy a kayak with all this stuff. I'll dig up some photos and show you what I mean
sounds awesome.

Here's the pictures I mentioned.

This picture shows the entire kayak. He added two pole holders on the back. He also added a bag/cooler bungee on the back. There is a removable rod holder on the front. Lastly you will notice a set of bungee straps on each side. The right/short side is a paddle strap. The left/long side is for attaching an anchor. The anchor strap has a reel attached so you can adjust or situate the anchor based upon your needs.

20210224_145026.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

20210224_144924.jpg

He also added some padded seat cushions at the bottom and a cup holder. Almost forgot.... There's also added clips for your dry bag and cell phone

Back
Top Bottom