any pig hunters?

kev_kansas

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
im bored and wondering if anyone pigs hunt thinking about starting to
cool.png

dont even need a special permit to hunt them here, nor is there a bag limit... or a defined season.... You see one, bag it and get you some bacon!!!!!!
droolin.gif

hubby and I are thinking of getting into it, but we have no hogs in northern WI. I think the farmers would be mad if we hunted theirs.
tongue.png

However, we do plan on making a trip down south and filling the freezer this year!

My only advice would be... try for the sows before the the stinky boars.... the meat is supposed to be better.

Here where I live, you can hunt them year round using dogs or guns. You need a license and landowners permission to hunt them. You can hunt them at night as well, no flashlight nor guns allowed. We've used dogs to catch them at night. The problem now is that all the places we used to hunt are all subdivisions. I've even seen them along side the interstate rooting around. In the gated communties, the HOA pays to have them trapped. We would catch them with our dogs, castrate them and pour the corn to them for about 6 months and take them to the butcher and have sausage made out of them.
droolin.gif
Other hogs were sold off.

yeah i am still young, but i have been hog hunting with my redneck step-dad, we use dogs, we usually go with his uncle, my step-dad's uncle goes hog hunting almost every weekend, when his wife AlloWS hahaha
lol.png

I went a few times when I lived in Georgia. I was actually deer hunting, but one of the areas I sometimes hunted had hogs.

Got this sow with my bow:

28602_hog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom