Any way this could be a pullet Salmon Faverolle? Hatchery stock and I got two and both have lots of

My hatchery stock salmon faverolles pullet is very light colored...no black on her to speak of.

How old is this chick?

I had this question too, about a year ago... everyone voted roo and "Charlie" just hatched out 3 chicks last week. That said, the way the feathers look to be coming in is a pattern I have seen on all of my chicks that have turned out to be roosters.

Here is the link to my post from last year...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/531975/meet-knuckles-the-faverolle-is-knuckles-a-roo-or-pullet

I have a few 3+ wk old with colouring coming in like this. At first I thought they were definitely going to be roos but now I have my doubts. There's definitely 2 ladies in the clutch of 6, but the rest I'm still guessing. One of the youngest ones is starting to get a bigger comb than some of the older ones with the russet feathers.
Will try & post some pictures.

Who wants to play the sexing game? (That doesn't sound right...). There are three I'm pretty sure about and the other three that are up for debate:
Chick #1 (Left) The lightest colouring of the group (& sweetest), likely going to be a Hen.
Chick #2 (Right) Darker feathers coming in, larger comb, my guess is 'Roo

Chick #3 Lighter feathers, small comb, very posture-y & strut-y though. Likely top pecking order Hen

Chick #4, Chick #5 - Still questioning these two. Both have medium brown feathers coming in all over. Small combs still.

Chick #2 (roo) and Chick #1 (hen) again - better profile pic to see diff in comb size. The 'roo is the youngest of the group

Chick #5 again. Still questionable. Colouration is coming in uniformly. I have seen pullets/hens this dark before

Chick #6 (center in both photos). 2nd youngest. Smaller comb, smaller size, Medium brown feathers coming in over black tips. No idea.

Group shot (left to right): #1 Hen?, #3 Hen?, #2 (back) Roo?, #4 (front), #6, #5

Who wants to play the sexing game? (That doesn't sound right...). There are three I'm pretty sure about and the other three that are up for debate:
Chick #1 (Left) The lightest colouring of the group (& sweetest), likely going to be a Hen.
Chick #2 (Right) Darker feathers coming in, larger comb, my guess is 'Roo

Chick #3 Lighter feathers, small comb, very posture-y & strut-y though. Likely top pecking order Hen

Chick #4, Chick #5 - Still questioning these two. Both have medium brown feathers coming in all over. Small combs still.

Chick #2 (roo) and Chick #1 (hen) again - better profile pic to see diff in comb size. The 'roo is the youngest of the group

Chick #5 again. Still questionable. Colouration is coming in uniformly. I have seen pullets/hens this dark before

Chick #6 (center in both photos). 2nd youngest. Smaller comb, smaller size, Medium brown feathers coming in over black tips. No idea.

Group shot (left to right): #1 Hen?, #3 Hen?, #2 (back) Roo?, #4 (front), #6, #5
In the last shot I see 4 pullets and 2 cockerels. The two males are behind in the feathering department.

Back
Top Bottom