Any writers out there?

Skipping back.

Tv died just before Christmas. I am a techy person BUT Ds and Dh are computer hardware and computer software professor respectively. New 4k tv is far smarter than I am. I can't figure out how to use remote. It does all sorts of things.

I just want to watch Hazel and Father knows Best in the morning dang it!

Now get off my lawn.

Oh and i ditched my systems for chromebooks.

Skipping back.

Tv died just before Christmas. I am a techy person BUT Ds and Dh are computer hardware and computer software professor respectively. New 4k tv is far smarter than I am. I can't figure out how to use remote. It does all sorts of things.

I just want to watch Hazel and Father knows Best in the morning dang it!

Now get off my lawn.

Oh and i ditched my systems for chromebooks.
:lau

@Oncoming Storm - Thanks for checking in on this thread!

New stories from the coop? Well, we have a neighboring new "baby squirrel" (young enough to be building his very first nest by his lonesome) who has made respectful friends at a distance with the chickens. He doesn't mess with their vittles. Busy every day stripping bark to make the perfect home. The chickens are very displeased by the rain, and generally stay in the coop during this weather. Little bantam girl, Chicken Hawk, prefers to stand in it though and looks like a drowned mess with her wet feathers. She has the same look her dad (a Golden Polish) did when the top of his head would get wet and feathers drooped. The ducks are quite enjoying the rain, and think the standing water puddles are the best. They can't understand why I am trying to get it to drain out. The warm weather has made them very talkative, and they get excited for the new green grasses popping up. The rain brings out the worms, which is even better! We also turned their baby kiddie pool with the holes in it into a mini garden last year that sat outside the coops- something ate all the carrots before they could mature, but this year a single plant has sprouted. We hope to enjoy one tiny Scarlet Nantes. Hope this is a good summary xD

Kicking back and enjoying ranch life. DS and DH are now Cootie Refugees and working all day from their basement offices in the house. They each have an office and share a bathroom on the lower level. They know if they are down there, and in their hallway/University Annex, that they are off limits for me to use them as free slave labor. They creep out for food, and with DH, I am strict with the end of the day rule. 5pm. The day is over. DS does have some late online courses, so if he misses a meal, it is up to him to let me know to make a plate for him or he has to make food on his own later.

I'm up to my eyeballs in Spring Ranch prep. The pasture needs reseeded. I have more apples trees coming in the week from Washington State. I managed to dig those hole this weekend. I'll do the irrigation lines this next week when it warms a bit. I shoveled and brought home 700 pounds of compost soil to mix with alpaca poo for the tree holes. Our arctic cold front on Thursday night killed my bees. I am heartbroken for them. If they just would have been able to hold out one more week. Sigh. The plants are starting in the seeding shed, and seed will go into the dirt in there in a week or so.

The hens are being hens. I am shocked that we haven't had a broody yet. I know they'll all go at once and then it will be contagious. I actually dropped an egg customer today. I've NEVER done that. I won't lie. It felt good.

Been busy holding down the fort while my Better-half delt with contractors do repairs to roof on beach house and stuff over the last couple months.... I've had a few very odd dreams, kept notes on a few of them.... dealing with my VA filing stuff... a little tinkering... made an audio recording of a few story ideas since new years break as well.
While cleaning out some boxes of paper stuff ran across a short story I had started back in my last years of UNT ~2002/3? it was a futurecast scifi based on real data from my time while working at the Observatory and Planetarium.... the working title was something like "bullet burn" for one of the 2 stories I found.

how's everyone else handling the Covid-19-mare?

Been busy holding down the fort while my Better-half delt with contractors do repairs to roof on beach house and stuff over the last couple months.... I've had a few very odd dreams, kept notes on a few of them.... dealing with my VA filing stuff... a little tinkering... made an audio recording of a few story ideas since new years break as well.
While cleaning out some boxes of paper stuff ran across a short story I had started back in my last years of UNT ~2002/3? it was a futurecast scifi based on real data from my time while working at the Observatory and Planetarium.... the working title was something like "bullet burn" for one of the 2 stories I found.

Ooh, I like that. I looove writing sci-fi! As for the corona, it’s not hit me that hard. I live in the country so not much has changed. However I’ve had some very emotional things happen this past weekend and this “social-distancing” isn’t helping.

My husband and I write Bible studies but he's way better at finishing his works than I am. My gift is editing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.:caf

His is research and .... well... I guess you could call it presentation, actually getting his completed thoughts down on paper. I tend to pick at the minutiae of the task, get bogged down and not finish. :he

So now we are collaborating. He writes, I edit and polish. Go, Team!
:woot

I write Bible studies, as well! 😁🙏🏼❤️

I am a science fiction writer as well as being a futurist. Dad was an inventor so I got some of my lateral thinking from him. I wish I could find an editor to read a few pages and comment. Its not ready for a full edit.

Working title is Ebony Echos.... Though I think it will stick.

deb

Back
Top Bottom