Any writers out there?

Geez-o-pete it's been a while since I've "written" anything in this realm of 'writting' of stuff.

My brain is very detailed, the story ideas I have started have mostly evolved from a dream or daydream.
I have a few stories written on notepads in ink -errors and all....

I wished I'd found out what having an editor will cost these days..... Sadly those notepads are missing. I have several ideas stored in my online brain portals. Live journal & dead journal mainly with a few ideas written in the original 'notepad' inside Yahoo email inbox. Some of these ideas have origins in the mid 90's. A few of the fleshed out novel ideas were written while I was an OTR driver trainer in 2004-2006.

Been dealing with the VA the last 18 odd months. Took me 6 months to build the Coop-maj-hall (thread started elsewhere properly; post mortem)

This weekend I got to have fun with natural chemistry. A vinegar cleanse for our well pump assembly. 48hrs +/- to disolve the silica sand & mineral build up. Being a gearheaded g33k makes this procedure kinda fun.
Resisting the urge to follow Alice down that rabbit hole.....

G'night y'all.
when I get home I will need to bleach my well... but I have never heard of the mineral clense. I have a thousand feet of well pipeline from the well to the house. Water smells like sulpher.... but I bet the vinegar does the same job... How much do you use?

my well is 450 feet deep. and I have a booster pump that uses an air bladder to push it up hill about 20-30 feet over those thousand feet.

I am in a dry spell right now but the muse is peeking.... Some of the best writing I have done is rewrite from memory. I do it on paper and when the note book is full I transcribe it onto word. It keeps me honest. I write in pen and do little more than cross out when i need to make a change.

deb

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve lost my stories on paper. That’s why I write strictly on my laptop now so I can’t lose them. I like to daydream too. It helps develop character in my opinion. Plus I mean...it’s fun.
Mine are not lost but stored away in a file cabinet so deep in a shipping container Id rather rewrite. I do have some college stuff in there though. One of my prioritites after i move home and get the house sorted will be to do a search and destroy on my shipping container.

I kept alot of stuff from my old house out of habit. Shouldnt have. But I also have some lovely furniture in there as well as a decent sheet metal desk. thats the file cabinet.

I need a strong man to move it for me though. I can move the wood furniture even heavy stuff if its not too bulky... but not that desk..

deb

when I get home I will need to bleach my well... but I have never heard of the mineral clense. I have a thousand feet of well pipeline from the well to the house. Water smells like sulpher.... but I bet the vinegar does the same job... How much do you use?

my well is 450 feet deep. and I have a booster pump that uses an air bladder to push it up hill about 20-30 feet over those thousand feet.

I am in a dry spell right now but the muse is peeking.... Some of the best writing I have done is rewrite from memory. I do it on paper and when the note book is full I transcribe it onto word. It keeps me honest. I write in pen and do little more than cross out when i need to make a change.

deb

Well, ahh the deep subject.

Okay, ours is drilled 520'+ deep
Originally pump was placed at ~440' deep +/-22'

We had to get a replacement pump installed and seeing how many pipe segments were wet - took the advice of our well guy and removed 2 segments = ~44' shorter pump location.

I had to break out my old physics textbook and did a web search for volume calculation to tinker with the numbers....

I'm now at a ~4 month cycle for cleanse.
1) Pour the vinegar down the port in the clamp/seal.
2) wait min. 48 hrs
3) disconnect from tanks/system
4) connect up drain pipe
5) drain/pump out mineral rich, vinegar thick water for ~3-6 hrs. Until clear or no smell of vinegar

We have a 75 pressure tank (fills ~40 gallons); then a 100 gal settling tank; then the "Tee fitting" splits to left ~5micron filter for sprinkler system & yard spigots * and in the spring a water line to the coop.
To the right is a dual filter setup
A) ~5 micron then 1 or 5 micron long filter

We have gone thru a few pumps in the last 9 years.

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve lost my stories on paper. That’s why I write strictly on my laptop now so I can’t lose them. I like to daydream too. It helps develop character in my opinion. Plus I mean...it’s fun.

It is fun. My last few years have had some serious brainbenders. Hard ones with some serious science in them. I do have alot digital backup as well.....

(Giggles aloud) hooooooweeee, my Mom & one of my step-dads worked at Northrup-Grumman on the starwars *stuff* & I learned that the "Murphy's Laws" were started from the folks in the "skunk works" division where Murphy actually worked. The co-workers started making a hand written banner over one of the labs double doors with a "Murphy's Law #_x_" .....
/Hats off to your Dad for some high stress work life & post work life due to that place.
/Big high 5 for them raising you with a interest in STEM too.

Over the last 5-6 nights I had a really wierd/Amazing Stories/Outer Limits style storyline dream where I was in 3rd person mode "watching myself" in a transition to a temporary Borg-like bi-pedal humanoid frame that connected to my spinal column, neck & complete head with a synthetic blood & a super saturated nutrient filled fluid to "feed" me while the cloned body is reconstituted & grown from my old body and the bath of stuff.....

I woke up before the new body was ready and it was a very sur-real morning for a good hour or so as everything had a tingling sensation at the base of my skull......

I've had vaguely similar dreams in the past but, the detail this time was just .... Well..... a ceribral flood & I was comfy semi-drounding in it...

(Giggles aloud) hooooooweeee, my Mom & one of my step-dads worked at Northrup-Grumman on the starwars *stuff* & I learned that the "Murphy's Laws" were started from the folks in the "skunk works" division where Murphy actually worked. The co-workers started making a hand written banner over one of the labs double doors with a "Murphy's Law #_x_" .....
/Hats off to your Dad for some high stress work life & post work life due to that place.
/Big high 5 for them raising you with a interest in STEM too.

Over the last 5-6 nights I had a really wierd/Amazing Stories/Outer Limits style storyline dream where I was in 3rd person mode "watching myself" in a transition to a temporary Borg-like bi-pedal humanoid frame that connected to my spinal column, neck & complete head with a synthetic blood & a super saturated nutrient filled fluid to "feed" me while the cloned body is reconstituted & grown from my old body and the bath of stuff.....

I woke up before the new body was ready and it was a very sur-real morning for a good hour or so as everything had a tingling sensation at the base of my skull......

I've had vaguely similar dreams in the past but, the detail this time was just .... Well..... a ceribral flood & I was comfy semi-drounding in it...
Back When Dad was working for EG@G (subcontractors for area51) they were doing test equipment for the atomic blasts .... Under ground of course. He would get on a bus in the morning and head for Jackass Flats.. Which is a road that goes straignt through the atomic test site. Then on to area 51.

Then he started coming home and drawing stuff up on his Drafting board... One time I heard a whoosh whoosh whoosh noise coming from his "Lab" and I poked my head in. He had a balloon that he had filled and tied off and inside was a BB... and he was getting it started then with a minimum amount of energy on his part was keeping it going around and around the inside of that balloon. He was thinking. I was seven his explanation went right over my head... but I was very interested.

One time I was sitting on the couch and my moms cigarette was sitting in the ash tray and I was mesmerized by the smoke and its lovely patterns it made as it drifted away... Dad sat down next to me and explained that in a single puff of smoke there is enough energy to run the city for years.

I was a kid then still and I remembered most of what he told me but I was more interested in Talking the icecream lady out of a popsicle.... Or running and playing in the sprinkler... Or poking that ole black widow spider till it hid in the lava boulders we used as a wheel stop before hitting the fence. I was veryinterested in things and science and the interaction of it... But I wasnt ready for the explanations yet.

It took me twenty more years... and all the sudden i connected the dots. We were living in San Diego by then. In a place where I experienced fog for the first time... Found out that dad had had a top secret clearence back in Vegas... and that he would never be able to talk about what he knew to anyone. And that when we lived in Roswell New Mexico he was part of a design team that put in Missile silos all over New Mexico.

I was even younger in Roswell.

So been around alot of smart people all my life. Mom has her own brilliance. I learned How to do sheet metal designs from sitting and watching her sew Clothes. And do practical stuff when dad came home and was tired. Like rewire a light switch or cut a hole in a wall to put an air conditioner in.

deb

Back
Top Bottom