Anybody else expecting chicks from Ideal's hatch today??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ARchick, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ARchick

ARchick In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    East Arkansas
    After I lost 7 of my 13 eleven week olds to a raccoon Friday night I ordered 11 more from Ideal. They shipped today & I can't wait. I learned a lesson & hopefully there won't be anymore coon problems.

2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    oh i cant wait for the pictures and im sorry for your loss i have coons so much also what kind did you order

3. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I had some assorted Polish chicks and some black Silkies shipped from somewhere else today. We can wait for them together..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  4. ARchick

ARchick In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    East Arkansas
    I ordered 1 Buff Orpington Roo, 2 Americauna's, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 gold sex link & 5 Mille Fleur d'uccle bantams.
    The coon got my 2 silver laced Wyandottes & 3 buff orpington's (including my only rooster), a barred rock & 1 production red. I've only got 1 barred rock, 1 buff orpington & 4 production red pullets left that are 12 weeks old today. I've never had any bantams & I saw a picture of a mille fleur d'uccle on here & thought they were beautiful. Figured I would try it with them, hope not too many of them are roos. [​IMG]

5. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    My 10 silkies and 2 sumatras hatched & shipped today!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I called my post office (again [​IMG]) and the lady assured me she would call me the moment they came in--I am so excited!!

6. TexasVet

TexasVet Songster

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    I ordered 10 barred rocks and 20 assorted pullets. They should be here tomorrow, since Ideal is right here in Texas.

As for coons and possums... I lost a whole dozen chicks to a possum a month ago, so I finally spent the money and put up a hotwire. I wish I'd done it years ago!

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.CountryChickens.com

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I got the internet special for today, will be delivered tomorrow, 50 barrd rocks, 25 assorted and 25 bantys the first two are all pullets

8. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i think im going to order more in december thats when i have my money or wait until i can get some buff orps

9. ARchick

ARchick In the Brooder

Jun 13, 2009
    East Arkansas
    Well, no call from the post office this morning so I guess the postal service will be taking care of them for another day. Hopefully they'll all be okay. [​IMG]

10. maf2008

maf2008 Songster

Feb 19, 2009
    Hey Kathy,

I just went up to the post office in Bellville and picked up my chickens. I heard yours peeping too! I got the 99 cent special from Ideal, but they gave me the "rare" assortment for only $1.04 instead because I have barred rock.

(Kathy and I are neighbors in Bellville!)

I got

Ideal had a special yesterday. I got cute babies....

Black sumatras 5
    Anaconas 5 (not ee or americans!) (black and white polka dots!)
    White Rhode Island 5
    Black Cochin 5
    Red Chantecler 5

I cant wait to see what they look like. This is my first order with Ideal and they shipped ovenight priority for $7! neat!

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: