Anybody else expecting chicks from Ideal's hatch today??

ARchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
East Arkansas
After I lost 7 of my 13 eleven week olds to a raccoon Friday night I ordered 11 more from Ideal. They shipped today & I can't wait. I learned a lesson & hopefully there won't be anymore coon problems.

I had some assorted Polish chicks and some black Silkies shipped from somewhere else today. We can wait for them together.....
fl.gif

Last edited:
I ordered 1 Buff Orpington Roo, 2 Americauna's, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 gold sex link & 5 Mille Fleur d'uccle bantams.
The coon got my 2 silver laced Wyandottes & 3 buff orpington's (including my only rooster), a barred rock & 1 production red. I've only got 1 barred rock, 1 buff orpington & 4 production red pullets left that are 12 weeks old today. I've never had any bantams & I saw a picture of a mille fleur d'uccle on here & thought they were beautiful. Figured I would try it with them, hope not too many of them are roos.
smile.png

My 10 silkies and 2 sumatras hatched & shipped today!!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I called my post office (again
tongue.png
) and the lady assured me she would call me the moment they came in--I am so excited!!

I ordered 10 barred rocks and 20 assorted pullets. They should be here tomorrow, since Ideal is right here in Texas.

As for coons and possums... I lost a whole dozen chicks to a possum a month ago, so I finally spent the money and put up a hotwire. I wish I'd done it years ago!

Kathy, Bellville TX
www.CountryChickens.com

Well, no call from the post office this morning so I guess the postal service will be taking care of them for another day. Hopefully they'll all be okay.
sad.png

Hey Kathy,

I just went up to the post office in Bellville and picked up my chickens. I heard yours peeping too! I got the 99 cent special from Ideal, but they gave me the "rare" assortment for only $1.04 instead because I have barred rock.

(Kathy and I are neighbors in Bellville!)

I got

Ideal had a special yesterday. I got cute babies....

Black sumatras 5
Anaconas 5 (not ee or americans!) (black and white polka dots!)
White Rhode Island 5
Black Cochin 5
Red Chantecler 5

I cant wait to see what they look like. This is my first order with Ideal and they shipped ovenight priority for $7! neat!

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom