Anybody else have a spouse like this?

Not DH (though I get away with a lot by telling him that I told him something and he must not have been listening...) but my mother... I told her that she needed to fluff up the water cylinders in her water bed because the molecules in the water settle and get compacted. She is incredibly intelligent, but so naive!

I'm so glad (and relieved...) I'm not alone!
lau.gif

DH not naive, but I have gotten a LOT of things done around here by "doing" them myself. As soon as I pick up a power tool he panics and starts building.
smile.png

Now the kids, 20, 14 &15 now, but over the years they believe mice lived on the moon and ate it cause it was cheese, i had a pet mastadon when i was a little girl, I could make lights turn green by "shooting" them, that roosters laid eggs. AAAHHH the good ole days.

Quote:
i txt DH at work all the time and ask him where the (insert tool here) is.. he claims not to know but the very next day the task is done and not by me

o and my kids think i change the street lights by blowing on them like in Corrina Corinna (the movie with WHoopie Goldburg)

Last edited:
Quote:
my hubby thought that Jackelopes were real too!
lau.gif

Now wait just a dad-burned-minute here. You mean to tell me I moved all the way from So.Cal. to Texas to follow my DH's dream of
having his own Jackalope farm and...... and... oh, the humanity!!!!
ep.gif
th.gif

As a very good friend once said to me... "Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket??"

I can't fool my DH no way, no how. He is usually logical and well-reasoned about everything. Except when it comes to the kitchen, and I keep him the hecky-doo out of there. That could be dangerous.

Asking about tools? He swears he married me because I had more tools than he did. And he's right!
lol.png
Not only that, I am better at using them!

Current events? He's the man to ask.

Quote:
OMG - that's hilarious!
gig.gif

My DH doesn't fall for stuff like that, but I've gotten my mother and my coworkers to. Sometimes you just can't resist......

I worked at a veneer plant years ago and when we'd get new workers (high turnover) and I'd have to train them you could usually tell who you mess with and who you couldn't. I'd tell them when they got done sweeping to go ask the supervisor for the key to the basement, take a five gallon bucket and collect a bucket of steam.
lau.gif
The bad part of it, it usually worked, there was no basement as the floor was concrete slab.

In the winter it was really steamy in there because of the cold and the logs being hot so I don't know if that made ppl fall for it or if they just was gullible.

My devious plans always backfire.

Like the time I got the bright idea to prank my hubby by telling him my cell phone got stolen... again. I was shopping at Wally World the week before and some little twerp stole it out of my shopping cart then had the audacity to text my husband and hold it for ransom. He said we would get it back for $50! The stupid little kid even called all his friends with it so, when I contacted the police, I was certain they would nail him. Ah no. All the cops did was call the numbers and ask if they new anyone that called them from my #.. when they said no, case closed
roll.png

Anyway, so hubby was a bit mad at me for leaving my shopping cart unattended with my purse in it blah blah blah.

so the next time I had to go to the same store, I heard the announcement yet again, "make sure you blah blah" Well, I missed his call while at the store then, I got a bright idea
roll.png
I texted him with, We got ur (how the kids spelled "your") wifes phone again r u goona pay up this time.

I was laughing my rear off knowing how po'd he probably was. When my phone rang, I answered in a completely believable nervous wreck and was freaking out how I couldn't... find..... my.... phone
sad.png

I am 2 years older than the DH, but he graduated high school at 15 then went right into college. As a result there is a HUUUUUUGE generation gap: he misses so many literary/pop culture/music/TV/recent history refrences it is agonizing. HALF my jokes or idiomatic expressions go right over his head. I had to make him watch "Deliverance" because it is referenced SO OFTEN in modern television. Afterwards, he would stand up and point everytime that Saturn commercial came on.
roll.png

Buuutt...because he doesn't get stuff, I can make up all sorts of crap and he'll take it at face value. Which of course, gets him into trouble when he says things as fact, rather than, "Laree said,". WHOOPS!

Back
Top Bottom