Anybody else have a spouse like this?

Ok, this is not about my spouse, but this is a story DH told me today. A coworker of his ordered a dozen eggs from us. We were out of brown, so he got a dozen green eggs. He said this was cool as he'd tell his son they were Dr. Seuss eggs. So he goes home and tells his wife they are Seuss eggs. They come from Seuss chickens and this is how Dr. Seuss came up with the idea. She was just about to post of Facebook that she's got Seuss eggs when he finally told her the truth.
lau.gif

I thought of this thread immediately and had to post about it.

Sick but funny is our specialty around here. The kids both have councelors (not sure why... they are driving US crazy! They are carriers... not sufferers.) that think we should do a standup act or write a book.

We can throw in sarcasm and irony for a low addition cost for shipping and handling!

The book, we have decided will be titled "Building a Better Barrel". It was dubbed so when DH said that we should write one. That our lives were starting to make him think of a ride down Niagra Falls in a barrel... hair-raising, action packed, fast paced... with a sudden terrifying thud at the end as it all came apart. I mentioned that we just needed a better barrel then!

Newest chapter:
"Why do I keep hearing doors... when I SHOULD be hearing snores?"
(The kids had a 4 day weekend for teacher end of semester work days. They are SUPPOSED to be going to bed as they have school tomorrow. ::sigh:: )

My DH has Short term memory disorder from a lightning strike... So I always get to remind him of things I told him or he said he was going to do. Like...

Me: Honey don't forget we have a meeting with our sons teachers in the morning.

Hubby: You never told me that.

Me: Yes I did, last week.

Hubbys answer: Oh well, could you just go? I'm not prepared.

My 19 yo daughter says everyone must think I'm a single mom cause I do all this stuff on my own. Ever since she was little. Hubby always forgets and isn't "prepared" when the time comes. It really opens the door to getting to put him on guilt trips. Daughter is REALLY good at that. Way better than I am. But of course I raised her to be up front and speak her mind and boy does she ever when it comes to daddy.

Quote:
Ummm... not downplaying the lightning strike. But I think this particular problem has to do with testosterone eating the brain cells that deal with short term memory. (Think we could get billions of $$$s in grant money to study that possibility?) My DH has the same problem much of the time!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ummm... not downplaying the lightning strike. But I think this particular problem has to do with testosterone eating the brain cells that deal with short term memory. (Think we could get billions of $$$s in grant money to study that possibility?) My DH has the same problem much of the time!

lau.gif
Lets get this campaign started!!!
lau.gif
We'll get rich and our hubbys won't even remember why...
lau.gif

Is it all in good fun and he's included in the jokes? If not, I'd think about my relationship with someone who's intellect I don't respect. JMHO.

My folks raise Dairy Goats have Boer Goats, Oberhasli's and LaMancha's.

We were at a Dairy Goat show and lots of folks who didn't know much about goats were in the barn looking at the animals. All the breeds were there including a few of our girls. Someone asked my dad why we'd cut the ears off our Lamancha's. He said with a straight face oh...well...they were ready for harvesting. then pointed over to some Nubians with their big long pendulous ears and said see those ones over there? They're ready to harvest...they'll be next, Once they've been harvested, they'll be like these ones here (rubbing the ears of one of our girls). These here are racing goats, the earless thing makes them streamlined for running faster. THe ones over there (Oberhasli's) are still growing, not quite ready yet
smile.png

The guy walks off telling his wife all about the streamlined ears of a racing goat
smile.png

Quote:
Ouch, city slickers!!! I was asked before if you can eat real chicken eggs.

green and brown eggs are different tasting than white eggs
smile.png
according to folks I work with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom