Anybody else have Plantar Fascitis?

i have had it for nearly 4 years. i believe. i had been to the docs for it. had the orthotics.. can't afford to get new ones again. but my new shoes have a better arch support and all but my feet do still get sore. i know i need to lose weight. but i like food too much. i hate sitting in front of the computer (or eating supper) cuz when i get up to do somethign i can't hardly walk. ugh.

hope yours gets better. hope mine does too.. and anyone else who suffers it.

Sue

Oh yeah, my podiatrist taught me how to tape my feet too, when the pain was real bad. I will try my best to explain it.
Get some of that white tape. Measure out 4 strips (two for each foot how ever long it need sto be to tape from base of big to around the heel, to base of baby toe. Flex foot upwards, apply tape going around your heel--make sure foot is flexed as high up as it can go. Apply both strips, then measure out one strip for each foot to go on the top of the foot from the edge of the first two peices of tape. Does taht make sense? It really helped.

That does make sense miss_thenorth... I'm going to try it tomorrow. Also, I got some elastic bands in the 'Dr Schols' section of Wally World that go around your foot at the arches. Wearing them for PART of the day helps. Don't wear them all day long though! They seem to be less effective if you do that, so just put them on after you get a bit tired, or when you need a little 'fixer upper' sort of time... or, if you put them on in the AM, take them off after a bit, and try em again later after lunch.

Heh, or, whatever works for you. Everyone I talk to seems to have different experiences.
smile.png

Geesh - I've been suffering for the last 10 months or so. Got fit for orthodics...and after 8 weeks the Dr. decided the orhodics needed "tweaked"....in 8 more weeks a new orthodic for my left foot....but not much improvement at all in my left foot...right foot is just fine. In August I got a steroid injection in my left heel...then another one about 2 weeks ago...
sad.png
.....I wear my orthodics ALL the time...I go back to the doc in about 2 weeks..but it is still pretty sore..I'm really tired of it...

Thanks for the taping tip miss_thenorth...I'm gonna try it....

And my doc suggested medical crocs, too..but I haven't convinced myself to get a pair yet...I'm a guy for cryin out loud.

Quote:
Go try em, that's what I wear the most!!! Either embrace the funk and get bright orange like Mario Batali (so not feminine), or try for dull boring ugly colors
roll.png

I find it helpful to change heights and arch supports over the day. Same inserts in any shoe too long, starts to cause strain. I have little half supports that I slip into even the Crocs sometimes though they're fine alone most of the time.

Had it since I tripped in a hole in the yard in February. I've tried everything but nothing worked until I pulled out my cheapy sandals to run up to the store in..... I wore them the rest of the day and have since. Pain comes back when I don't wear them. I have nearly worn them out too, so I'm worried about what I'm going to do for my next pair. I do stretches every morning when I wake up but instead of stretching with toe pointing down I point the toe up. It's helped a lot. Along with propping my foot up on the computer desk and stretching the heel down for a few minutes at a time.

Orthotics for me are going to be a $$$$ problem that my insurance isn't going to cover, I have other issues with my feet/legs that cause me to use my feet differently from normal people and therefore I have to have the entire shoe made to fit.... HATE THAT! I wore corrective shoes until I rebelled against them in middle school. I still have trouble finding shoes that fit and wear right but once I find them I buy several pairs..... I refuse to wear script shoes if at all possible! Bilateral tibial and femoral torsion, also known as extreme pigeon toed
wink.png

I just went to the foot doctor today. Both feet are taped and have braces on and got that lovely painful injection in one taking ibuprofen for a month have a differnt torture device to wear at night and getting orthotics in two weeks. I first had problems 14 years ago when I worked at the mall for the holidays when I would get home and sit I couldn't get back up. Hadn't had another issue to about a year ago but since I was on the couch all summer with knee injury and weight gain they are driving me nuts worse than my knees. Need to lose a lot of weight but hard to do when it hurts to walk. No pool this time of year and I usually love walking in the fall need to get out the bike but thought about getting one of those 3 wheel ones as it would be more secure to attach my dog to to get her excersise too.

I hate absolutely hate wearing shoes or having my feet covered so this really stinks. Do the Croc Rx really work didn't ask the doc about them but would be good for wet days and going out to chickens.
idunno.gif

I looked at the danskos and when did search the came up with wide but it says reg or medium. They do look roomy enough but I tried the MBT last year and had to send back . I measure at a 6 but usually get 61/2 wide for my high arch.

Last edited:
I had it for 7 years! Finally tossed out all the podiatrists stupid inserts, special shoes, store-bought heel pads, etc etc etc and you know what cured it? Stretching . . . every single morning before getting out of bed. It finally went away, but I still stretch just to make sure.

I can't emphasize enough how important stretching is before you take a single step on the floor.

This is the best stretch to do: Sit on the edge of your bed. Put your right ankle across your left knee. SLOWLY pull your toes back with your right hand on your toes. Count to 40 seconds slowly. Repeat with other ankle on other knee. Then do each foot 3 or 4 more times. THIS WORKS (but it takes a few months). Try it -- it's FREE too.

Last edited:
Here is what I found worked for me. Good shoes. I know wear only Dansko's. Spendy but last forever. A little hard to get used to at first but now I would not be without them.

Two.. ibruprophen (medical strength) which is 600 mg 4x a day or
800 mg 3x a day. I prefer to take it 4 times a day so that I can monitor the pain better. Drink a nice big glass of water with each dose to protect your kidneys. Keep hydrated. My DR. said a person can go months with this strength and not worry. Just drink water.

Three...get yourself a few cans of beans, peas, corn. Take the label off and freeze them. Every few hours use one of these to roll your bare foot on. Do it until it is uncomfortable. Keep it moving so you do not get frostbite. It needs to come into direct contact with your skin. I am not joking about the frostbite either.

Do the foot exercises, stretch.

Most of all, it is the shoes that will count (or orthodics) but the Dansko's are highly recommended (and cute)

Stop running or jogging and give your foot some rest when possible.

I used to take Ibuprofen but decided I was only blotting out the pain and the pain would return as soon as I stopped ibuprofen.

Agree with you on the Dansko shoes, though. Best shoes ever!

Back
Top Bottom