anybody else waiting impatiently? (for chicks, not Santa) :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmergal, Dec 24, 2008.

1. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    10 of MissPrissy's BBS Orp eggs in my bator will be 21 days as of tomorrow night!!
    I keep checking the bator (I woke up in the middle of the night and checked) and looking for pips, but nothing yet...
    Anybody else waiting? When should the eggs start a-rocking?
    a very anxious 'mama hen' who's hoping for some Christmas babies [​IMG]
    -Lynda

2. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I am! though i set them a day too early, and they started to pip their shells today! 3 out of the 5 have pipped already [​IMG]

3. ChickLuver

ChickLuver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Walton, New York
    I'm waiting too. But I am only on day 19. So.... I have a Looooooong wait still. I have never done this before and I an SOOOO EXCITED!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Wow! I wish that I was looking forward to something like that on Christmas morning!![​IMG]

Cindy

5. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    chubbydog -- congrats!! keep us posted on how they're pipping and zipping as the day goes on! and pics would be great for those of us who are still waiting...

chickluver -- I totally empathize, I have 9 other eggs who are only on day 19. I read somewhere that sometimes eggs will pip that early, but it's probably not that common... still I've been hoping [​IMG]

this is going to be the longest few days ever! it's funny how after 3 weeks of fussing over them, worrying about humidity, etc., you almost feel like you know the little guys without ever having seen them. good luck to all!

6. chubbydog811

chubbydog811 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    here's are pics of my pipped eggs....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have 3 eggs that have pipped, but can only get a picture of 2 of them...i have 5 eggs over all.

i did have a question though...this is my first successful hatching...they pipped at 12am, 4am, and 9am...how long does it take them to get past just the hole in the egg? the one that pipped first, hasnt done anything else...i know they are alive, because ill hear occasional peeping when im passing by my bator....am i just worrying too much because im impatient? or is that bad that nothing is happening?
    anyway, any advice would be great!

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Good luck to everyone waiting on chicks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hope you all have GREAT hatches !!!

Guess since I cant hatch anymore till after I have the baby I will just have to wait for Santa [​IMG]

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm not waiting on chicks...just waiting on one of the girls to lay eggs. I know with the cold, the lack of light, and the trauma of moving, it most likely wont happen until Spring, but I DON'T DO PATIENCE!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  9. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I'm still waiting on ALL of my girls to lay. I have a better chance of seeing santa tonight. [​IMG]

Good luck to everyone on their hatches. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Moodene

Moodene Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Devers, Texas
    Got some gonna hatch around Jan 3..[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Golden Cuckoo Marans and Salmon Faverolles...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by