anybody else waiting impatiently? (for chicks, not Santa) :)

farmergal

Songster
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
Nor Cal
10 of MissPrissy's BBS Orp eggs in my bator will be 21 days as of tomorrow night!!
I keep checking the bator (I woke up in the middle of the night and checked) and looking for pips, but nothing yet...
Anybody else waiting? When should the eggs start a-rocking?
a very anxious 'mama hen' who's hoping for some Christmas babies
smile.png

-Lynda

chubbydog -- congrats!! keep us posted on how they're pipping and zipping as the day goes on! and pics would be great for those of us who are still waiting...

chickluver -- I totally empathize, I have 9 other eggs who are only on day 19. I read somewhere that sometimes eggs will pip that early, but it's probably not that common... still I've been hoping
smile.png

this is going to be the longest few days ever! it's funny how after 3 weeks of fussing over them, worrying about humidity, etc., you almost feel like you know the little guys without ever having seen them. good luck to all!

here's are pics of my pipped eggs....

i have 3 eggs that have pipped, but can only get a picture of 2 of them...i have 5 eggs over all.

i did have a question though...this is my first successful hatching...they pipped at 12am, 4am, and 9am...how long does it take them to get past just the hole in the egg? the one that pipped first, hasnt done anything else...i know they are alive, because ill hear occasional peeping when im passing by my bator....am i just worrying too much because im impatient? or is that bad that nothing is happening?
anyway, any advice would be great!

Good luck to everyone waiting on chicks
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Hope you all have GREAT hatches !!!

Guess since I cant hatch anymore till after I have the baby I will just have to wait for Santa
roll.png

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

I'm not waiting on chicks...just waiting on one of the girls to lay eggs. I know with the cold, the lack of light, and the trauma of moving, it most likely wont happen until Spring, but I DON'T DO PATIENCE!!!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom