Anybody ever ordered from Randall Burkey?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickensioux, Feb 18, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I placed an order with Randall Burkey and don't know much about them. They seem to have all newbies ans. the phones. Any opinions or experiences? A little nervous......

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Never ordered chicks, but got some shipping boxes from them on a couple occasions. Did well by me on those.

3. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I ordered my 1588 Hovabator incubator from them and I received great service.

4. joshplus10

joshplus10 Out Of The Brooder

I've ordered supplies a few times and been completely satisfied.

5. chickensioux

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I ordered chicks and everytime I talk to them about the order they don't have the breeds right that I ordered. Anybody else order chicks?[​IMG]:lol:

6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I ordered chicks from them, and they were appalling. I had to call them several times to find out when my chicks were coming, it may have now changed but it wasn't their policy to inform the customer [​IMG] Instead they told their customers to call X amount of days after they ordered to find out. When I did call, the only person who knew was never there, and didn't return calls. I did finally get hold of them.

They didn't have several of the breeds and colours I ordered, but rather than call me and let me know they just shipped them short. Several of the chicks I did receive were the wrong breed. Anything I ordered as straight run was a rooster.

7. chickensioux

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    This really concerns me....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  8. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I called them when I received that order, and they did offer to credit me for the wrong chicks (free chicks next time). I don't want anything more to do with them though, it's extremely frustrating to order from one place because you think they have everything you want, and then only half of it arrives. By the time I went elsewhere they were sold out too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by