Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

Quote:
wait! 74% is good dont let it go down if your in lockdown!!!

Really? I run around 65%...

65% is good but from all the reading adn hatching Ive done It's always between 70-75% maybe even a little higher

Quote:

not to say your wrong, i just want to give everyone a heads up who is new to incubating, that when the eggs start hatching the it will shoot the humidity up even more as the chicks will be wet when they come out and all the moisture in the egg will be released to, so if you are running it up in the 70's just be carefull and dont let it run to high once eggs start hatching

Quote:

not to say your wrong, i just want to give everyone a heads up who is new to incubating, that when the eggs start hatching the it will shoot the humidity up even more as the chicks will be wet when they come out and all the moisture in the egg will be released to, so if you are running it up in the 70's just be carefull and dont let it run to high once eggs start hatching

Right, and that's why I run 65% When mine get to hatching good I wind up with 75-80% I thought running too high caused them to not absorb the yolk sac as well, because every time I get it too high, I have one not dry out properly. I wind up with a quarantine or two until they finish absorbing and fluff.

Locked down and waiting. I just hope the snow storm doesnt knock out my power. Its only supposed to snow 3-4 inches but the wind is going to pick up and thats a bad combination in my neck of the woods.

My husband showed me how to hook up the generator last night to the house. It even works the heat lamp and the water bowls in the barn 200 ft away.

Good luck to you all!!! I can't wait to see pics of the little cuties!!!

I want to put a batch in the bator soooooo bad but DH says no
sad.png
(so you guys say a prayer for me that he has a change of heart)

Looking forward to more BCM...I hatched 4 in Oct. and had 3 roos LOL!!!

I lockdown tomorrow morning. We candled last night, and everything still ok. It's the lockdown part I hate, I get nervous.
gig.gif

Bluemoon

Good luck everyone!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom