Anybody hatching on Jan 9th?

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
another chick is out, and the other is zipping. Still no progress with the other 4 left.

I'll post pics soon as I can get them out of the incubator and in the brooder. I don't want to open it just yet.

Bluemoon

This is my 3 hatching and the first two batches I had a zero hatch.. Mine is due the 13th and I HAVE A BABY. Two actually but one is not looking to good. About 5 or more pips. Two of those have holes made. One hatched today and is dry, but caked looking. Ugly little brute.lol. The new one hatched about 1/2 an hour ago, and is laying on its side and kicking.. maybe they do that, I don't know. The other was out and up and around before I got home from work. Is this normal?

My chickes were due late Sat night. My temps must have been dipping or something because the chicks are hatching!!! I have one out and two pipping! Of course they waited until I was on a business trip to hatch - little brats. My DS took some pics and sent them to me and he is getting to enjoy watching them hatch. We'll see how many come out my tomorrow night.

I was beginning to worry that I had killed them or something, but I guess they were just procrastinating.

I only had two days where the temps were dipping that I know of. One was the first day of lockdown which was a 24hr dip to 97-98, and the other was the second day they were in the incubator. I'm not really sure why they are so late, but I am not complaining. I have three thermometers in there and one records temps so I'm pretty sure they weren't low for very long. Maybe I am just hatching some lazy chickies...must be boys. LOL! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

one of the silkies is about 1/2 way zipped.. can't wait for that one. The other three that are out are red sex-links. ... so why are two of them black and one yellow???????

the first one hatched is black with white wing tips and white on the head... the second is yellow... sort of a red gold..... the third is all black. they are all supposed to be red sex link.... himmmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom