Anybody Have BLRW?

emsevers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 30, 2008
Carlton, OR
I was wondering if anybody would have Blue laced red wyandotte's a week into January. I fell in love with these birds and I want some soooooo bad. If you do have some I would love to see pictures. If this is totally the wrong time to be looking for them let me know that too. I've never ordered eggs online before. I've always gotten them from locals but no one around here has them.

Like buying Marans I would be careful about where I bought my BLRW, most look like Rocks..not Wyandottes, and the size is just not there...BLRW should be big wide chickens..not skinny legged Rocks..Also beware of people who claim theirs are show quality, there is no such thing as SQ BLRW..they are not accepted in the Wyandotte standard.

Jerry

Last edited:
Quote:
I hatched 3 out of 29 from this source. Most eggs never began to develop. Definiely not worth the price I paid for them.

I have some too, but they are not laying real well right now. They should be laying again by February or so when things warm up a bit and the days get a bit longer.

Yup, same here. I have them, but right now we are barely getting enough eggs to eat. There are still going to be some awfully cold temps, too, so you would be safer to wait.

Here are a couple of pics of my babies.
My roo, Hansel.
122220082567.jpg

All puffed up
smile.png

aking_046.jpg

editing to add my girls. They are Gretel, Lola (the one with a single comb) and Ginger (the one with the most red)

aking_042.jpg

aking_040.jpg

aking_043.jpg

Blue bloomers
blue_bloomers.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have eggs....but probably not that soon since the weather here has made the girls laying a bit irregular. I'm getting eggs but not enough right now I'd feel good about sending them out.

As soon as anyone is ready to ship some eggs let me know. I can't find any anywhere except on eggbid and for some reason I can't register there. I'd feel better getting eggs from someone on BYC anyway.

Back
Top Bottom