Anybody Have BLRW?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by emsevers, Dec 27, 2008.

1. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    I was wondering if anybody would have Blue laced red wyandotte's a week into January. I fell in love with these birds and I want some soooooo bad. If you do have some I would love to see pictures. If this is totally the wrong time to be looking for them let me know that too. I've never ordered eggs online before. I've always gotten them from locals but no one around here has them.

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Brandon (Bishopschickens) has absolutely beautiful BLRW

3. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Ours just turned 16 weeks so it will be a while.

There is a seller on eggbid that is located in Washington that has good stock.

4. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
  5. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    Like buying Marans I would be careful about where I bought my BLRW, most look like Rocks..not Wyandottes, and the size is just not there...BLRW should be big wide chickens..not skinny legged Rocks..Also beware of people who claim theirs are show quality, there is no such thing as SQ BLRW..they are not accepted in the Wyandotte standard.

Jerry

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:I hatched 3 out of 29 from this source. Most eggs never began to develop. Definiely not worth the price I paid for them.

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I have some too, but they are not laying real well right now. They should be laying again by February or so when things warm up a bit and the days get a bit longer.

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup, same here. I have them, but right now we are barely getting enough eggs to eat. There are still going to be some awfully cold temps, too, so you would be safer to wait.

Here are a couple of pics of my babies.
    My roo, Hansel.
    [​IMG]
    All puffed up [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

editing to add my girls. They are Gretel, Lola (the one with a single comb) and Ginger (the one with the most red)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue bloomers
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll have eggs....but probably not that soon since the weather here has made the girls laying a bit irregular. I'm getting eggs but not enough right now I'd feel good about sending them out.

10. emsevers

emsevers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Carlton, OR
    As soon as anyone is ready to ship some eggs let me know. I can't find any anywhere except on eggbid and for some reason I can't register there. I'd feel better getting eggs from someone on BYC anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by