Pictures? blue with red leakage

Erinnlyn

Songster
Aug 21, 2022
Mid-Missouri
Hi, does anybody have any pictures of a hen or roo that is blue, but also has red leakage? I'm incubating an egg from our sweet late hen. She was an EE, and I've been told she was a cross of eWh/e+. I'm trying to teach myself these abbreviations, so I'm not sure what exactly those mean. She was also blue. The roo she was with is lavender. I've been told the chick could be blue or black with red leakage. I have a black with red leakage, so I know what that looks like. I also have an idea of what the blue would look like, but I'm interested to see some pictures.
Thanks!

20231122_132054.jpg
Blue with red leakage.

20231213_120913.jpg
One of the splash is mom, the red roo is a gold penciled hamburg and papa

Awesome, I love the color! Mine will be 3/4 Ameraucana, so maybe the muff and beard will be red! Thanks for the pictures!
A roo will likely have red hackle and saddle feathers....maybe not entirely red, but more than my girls. (Just realized the one in front in the group pic is the sister of the one in the solo pic, yes, I have 2 of them)

A roo will likely have red hackle and saddle feathers....maybe not entirely red, but more than my girls. (Just realized the one in front in the group pic is the sister of the one in the solo pic, yes, I have 2 of them)
Ok, kind of like this roo I already hatched a year and a half ago. I'm realizing I'm stuck with black and red with this roo. Oh well. I don't plan on hatching much, if at all anymore! I already have too many roos.

Attachments

• 20240409_193906.jpg
    20240409_193906.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 4
I don't know if this helps much, but here's a photo of one of our boys who is black with gold leakage in his hackle and saddle. He is E/e+, so that may give you some ideas in what some of your chicks will look like. If the offspring get a blue gene all his black would be replaced with blue.
20230726_165132.jpg

I don't know if this helps much, but here's a photo of one of our boys who is black with gold leakage in his hackle and saddle. He is E/e+, so that may give you some ideas in what some of your chicks will look like. If the offspring get a blue gene all his black would be replaced with blue.
View attachment 3798708
Gorgeous. Love that color red. Thank you for the picture!

Back
Top Bottom