Anybody have chicks shipping Monday August 27?

My little weak one made it through the night, but she is just barely holding on, wish I could do more for her she is such a fighter. Besides making sure she gets some fluids down at least once per hour I don't think I can do anything further but let nature take its course, but I've really bonded with this little creature who is a true fighter in her short time here, I hope she can feel the love.

All the rest are doing good and I sware the have grown already, lol. I've got one that looks like its got a little pasty butt starting, I washed her off last night, but I think she needs a good soak in some warm water to get it all and I'll stop and get some ACV at Healthway when I'm in town on Friday.

So far only 3 of mine have names:

RIR is Lucy
BO is Goldie
And one of the rare that I think is a Scillian Buttercup my daughter named Pebbles because her spots remind her of little pebbles on her back.

How are the rest of the chicks doing this morning everyone?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your little buttercup BGinVA. We grow too attached too quickly to cute little things.

Last edited:
Im so sorry you lost one:(
I got mine this morning!!!!! YAY!!!!! I was like a little kid on Christmas morning!
My kids think Im so funny!
All of mine look good just hope they stay that way!!!!

My little Buttercup is gone:-(
sad.png
I am so so sorry! The hatchery will replace her or refund your money won't they?

Im so sorry you lost one:(
I got mine this morning!!!!! YAY!!!!! I was like a little kid on Christmas morning!
My kids think Im so funny!
All of mine look good just hope they stay that way!!!!
Congrats~!!! I am so glad you got yours all healthy! I was beginning to worry about having any mailed to me! Has anyone heard from LThompson yet? But I think I will just go pick mine up again if I get anymore! I got laying mash there for 12.00 a 50lb. bag! And it was a nice drive through Amish country. We took the back roads to get there, the scenic route!

Hi, sorry I haven't gotten to post sooner, we've had a hectic day!

I picked them up from the post office around 6:45 this morning and they were peeping like crazy! Everyone got settled in and were eating and drinking like pros! I dipped each beak in the water as I took them out and by the time I had 5 in the brooder, the first ones had already found the food and were digging in! I had two that were weak and slow and I kept dipping their beak in the water every so often... But we had to leave for a dr's appt about two hours away so I wasn't able to nurse them.

When we got home about an hour ago, the two weaker ones hadn't survived. I had my MIL stop by to check on them earlier but she didn't see them because they were under the Ecoglow.

So, at this point there are 28 (I think...) They are zooming around so fast it's hard to get a head count.

I'll try to get some pic tomorrow.

Hi, sorry I haven't gotten to post sooner, we've had a hectic day!
I picked them up from the post office around 6:45 this morning and they were peeping like crazy! Everyone got settled in and were eating and drinking like pros! I dipped each beak in the water as I took them out and by the time I had 5 in the brooder, the first ones had already found the food and were digging in! I had two that were weak and slow and I kept dipping their beak in the water every so often... But we had to leave for a dr's appt about two hours away so I wasn't able to nurse them.
When we got home about an hour ago, the two weaker ones hadn't survived. I had my MIL stop by to check on them earlier but she didn't see them because they were under the Ecoglow.
So, at this point there are 28 (I think...) They are zooming around so fast it's hard to get a head count.
I'll try to get some pic tomorrow.
Well congrats! I am surprised you didn't loose more! God forbid! I don't think I like getting chicks through the mail. You have to deal with loosing them or weak ones. Well mine have been had their morning routine done they, now it is time to go take care of my big girls. Collect eggs and scoop the poo! I love having sand in my coop! I highly recommend it! It takes up enough room brooding 5 I can't imagine having 30 of them! Although I did it a long time ago. Well good luck L and can't wait to see pics!

Back
Top Bottom