Anybody here a libertarian?

Actually, I just stuck my foot in the door on the TEA Party thread. Perhaps a mistake, but I'm playing nice with all the other kids, I promise!

It's actually not too bad over there...yet. I do see it sliding in that direction, but it's what, almost twenty pages? It's bound to happen sometime. Longest political thread I've seen stay open, so kudos to all the participants on that.

I am Constitution Party, raised in a very conservative republican home but I am not very please with the more liberal trend in the republican party these days. I think it would do this nation a world of good to have the Constitution Party in power for even one term, just to open a few eyes. I like learning about other people's poilitical views, I wish it werent something that was so hush-hush in the conversation circle! I was called a pig by a co-worker when she found out that I am not a democrat... It would be so nice to be able to act like grown ups about such an interesting topic!

I don't know what I am. I know that I have no problem paying taxes to a government that keeps me safe, keeps the emergency services supported and provides me with endless hours of entertainment but I do not pay my government officials to meddle in my personal life. They have no business regulating people's personal contracts (gay marriage), telling anyone what medical services they can obtain (abortion) or deciding that something as natural and innocuous as marijuana should be illegal while cigarettes and alcohol should be supported by the government. Government, with all their hypocrisy, cheating and lying should not be the one to decide what I can see on TV or read and I can parent my children just fine thank you, I do not need government censoring anything to "protect" my children.

You're quite welcome.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom