Anybody lose their unemployment yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this country, but I get so frustrated with it sometimes. I've seen this coming for sometime now. Seems that for every person who works to produce something, there are ten people pushing paper, making policies, managing, investing, insuring, etc. That one person doing the producing was making less wages then ten who are gleaning the profits. I say was because some bean counter noticed they could save money by exporting his job to someplace that doesn't have to pay a living wage. This is just part of the problem but it is obvious to me that an upside-down pyramid cannot stand for too long.

Quote:
And now we have a congress that wants to continue giving tax cuts to 2%'ers instead of paying the countries debt ... start teaching the kids to speak Mandarin.

Knjinnm, dont you think you are employed by 2%ers ,would you like to see them further abused and do even more down sizing and laying off.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I, for one, would LOVE to see them knocked down to those levels of poverty. do you really think they will learn this lesson or turn a blind eye?

Come on guys/gals, give it a rest, please....
hide.gif

No one political party got us into this mess, and no one political party is going to get us out of it.

Remember the sense of unity in the days following 9/11? For a week, I had renewed hope for this country. Now, the back and forth pettiness and bickering makes me ashamed for what this great country (with all of its flaws) has become.

The Declaration of Independence declared all men are created equal, it doesn't say we are supposed to end up with equal outcomes.

Quote:
Ha, Ha, No 2%'ers are not visiting my place of work. 2%'ers are the elite, most of them work in the financial sector or are so wealthy they don't do their own shopping. America has to start paying her bills so I am not in support of extending GWB tax cuts.
That said I would support tax cuts for Americans earning less than $70K/year because they spend most of their income.

Quote:
Well we can sure point to GWB for taking six years to learn how to spell VETO.

What bothers me is that republicans are not willing to work with democrats unless 2%'ers have their taxes cut. Republicans keep telling us 2%'ers create jobs ... where are the jobs? American jobs started disappearing in 2007. By the end of 2008 700,000 Americans a month were losing their jobs ... tax cuts were not creating jobs ... Time to pay Americas debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom