Anybody lose their unemployment yesterday?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dunkopf, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Did anyone lose their unemployment yesterday? What are you going to do to eat? Just curious.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Lifes going to get a lot harder for us real soon...
    Wish the dam union would call with work!! [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Saw that on the news....very scarey! Something HAS to give!

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Food Stamps. No, I did not lose my unemployment, but there are a few options for eating. More important would be how they will make rent/mortgage, heating bills, and things of that nature. I feel bad for folks with that dilemma.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

We had FOUR lay-offs yesterday due to budget cuts and I was told today that I'm next if they cannot trim the budget in other ways... [​IMG] So I'm worried sick right now....

Already looking for a new job.... [​IMG]

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    probably get a job. or at least get off my butt and go look for one, that's what I'd do. No I'm sure I won't get one that pays what I used to make but one that pays the bills and learn to live on what I bring in and let less go out the door.
    maybe get a roommate, it all helps.

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    good luck....

I hear there's going to be millions off unemployment in the next few months........... too bad they couldn't push it out to spring....... at least people could stay warm.

8. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    How did our grandparents ever survive the Great Depression? Yes, there are going to be individual stories of hardship (I've lost 3 jobs over my career), but collectively is our society that more fragile today? It wasn't that long ago we saw interviews with people in New Orleans not wanting to evacuate because their check from the government was due to be delivered in a few days.

Support Federal policies that put Americans back to work by making it easier for companies here to do business here.

I'm afraid this thread is going to go political very quickly. Over/under number is it will be locked by Saturday.....

9. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:Sad.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:Sad.

why is it sad to get a job and get off our butts. working is the american way, not welfare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by