Help my rooster

Hippiegranny

Chirping
May 26, 2022
Laurelville, Ohio USA
This guy here is Jr. He was born last winter and has no claws to roost in a because he was kinda wild with his father and others. I finally got him into the coop. But yesterday evening he was able to jump the fence. Today, his father done this to him. I can't afford to take him to the vet but I don't want to lose him. I've lossed to much in the past 4yrs. If ANYONE can give me some advice on what to do, I would so appreciate it from the bottom of my heart

Attachments

• 20240222_123342.jpg
    20240222_123342.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 24
Rinse off the wounds with saline or warm water, apply an antibacterial first aid spray, cream etc. Give him sugar water with a pinch of salt. Keep hom warm and quiet. He should be fine, comb wounds always look worse than they are.

Just an update. So, as you can see Jr is doing good after what he went through yesterday. The only downside is that he's blind in his right eye. I know it's nature, but his daddy who done this will be making some good broth and the meat will make my lab a good dinner. After it's cooked of course.

Attachments

• 20240223_154844.jpg
    20240223_154844.jpg
    708.8 KB · Views: 6
Sorry about Jr. Roosters will fight and some will kill each other. It is too bad that he jumped the fence and put himself into danger, but it wasn’t the other rooster’s fault. Could you try to use a warm wet washcloth or compress to soften some of the blood over the right eye, just in case his eye is still there? Can you see if it has been pierced and is gone. I would use some triple antibiotic ointment twice a day into his eye, just in case. You can clean his wounds with saline to soften the blood. Vetericyn or other wound spray is good to spray on his wounds as well. I would offer water and some mushy wet chicken feed and egg to Jr every 2-3 hours. Sugar water or electrolytes are good while in shock. If he is in a familiar environment he may be able to get around okay with just one eye. Let us know how he gets along.

Back
Top Bottom