anybody on day 20 and have something going on?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by orlandoluv1, Apr 2, 2008.

1. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    well im on day 20 and nothing. i wanted to candle hima nd make sure he was still ok and since i read in antoher post that as long as the bator doesnt take too long to come back to temp its ok so i did. (longest sentance ever!) he looks good still squirming around in there. he hasnt piped the air cell yet so i know we are not even close. i was jsut wanting to get some updates on how everyone else was doing today. well hope you guys are having better luck then me.

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I am on day 19 tonight with 10 bantam barred rock eggs, but nothing so far. I hope you get a chickie soon. Keep us posted.

Marie

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am on day 20. Nothing yet. [​IMG] The waiting kills me! LOL

4. orlandoluv1

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    Quote:You said it! Please tell me the next time you incubate it gets eaier casue man this has been a rollercoaster of emotions and nothing has hatched yet lol

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It never gets easier as far as I know.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I'm on day 19/20 and have had 5 Ameracaunas, 1 Blue Orp, and one Silkie hatch. They didn't get the memo about hatching Friday or over the weekend.

Trust me, you have a lot more lost sleep in your future [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. orlandoluv1

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    Quote:wow congrats... you already have your hands full! how exciting! i am sooo jealouse. happy hatching and i cant wait to see pics of those babies!

8. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I do! I do!...
    But they are under a broody Cochin hen. I have some of BamaChicken's blue/splash orps hatching. I am so happy! So far I have 2 little blue orps hatched out...but I am not sure yet if they are blue or splash. From what I could tell they are pretty light colored sooo maybe splashes. And 4 Pips and one that I am still waiting on that I hope will pip during the night. [​IMG]

[​IMG] And tomorrow is day 20 for some Blue, Black, Splash, and Barred Cochins...Half is in a bator and half is under a broody Cochin.

Happy Hatching! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Mitzi

9. orlandoluv1

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    Quote:very cool ! how exciting for you and the mama hen! cant wait to see some pics!

10. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I going into day 21. My eggs still rock and roll a little bit but no pips. I have 5 eggs that I see move a lot. The waiting is killing me too but with them moving at least I know these ones are alive and kicking so to speak. I wanted to candle but decided to leave well enough alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by