anybody on day 20 and have something going on?

Broodies do such a great job. Speaking of broodies, I got home today and went to gather eggs and I have 3 broodies. Guess that will put my egg production way down for a while but at least I can stick my serama eggs under them. I have a couple still laying but boy does that push my waiting list up a bit.

I have barred rocks hatching but they are very sticky. I must have had the humidity too high during incubation. Also noticed the ones that have gotten all the way out have partial egg sack still sticking out. I have to get a better hygrometer.

Will keep you posted.

Marie

One of my eggs the chick is breaking out of the bottom of the shell with the legs? Is this normal. I can see it breathing. I hear chirping coming from it and another one i have. my humidity is 68% is this high enough to keep the membrane from sticking to the chick? I don't want to intervene unles sI have to.

Last edited:
if its the pointy end it will be fine. there are some cases where they do hatch out on the smaller end of the egg. 60%-705 is perfect for humidity. Hope he comes out and I am happy to hear you got some babies popping out
big_smile.png

yah for everyone but nothing going on on my side. im on day 21 and not a peep or a roll or nothing. its very upsetting to just sit here and wait. patience has never been one of my strong points.

Yes it is from the pointy end. I was just a little nervous. Thanks stevie I hope the lil one comes out okay. I have to go to work for a few hours soon and wanted to call off but I'm sure my boss would love my excuse because I have chicks pipping!

Quote:
Do what my mom does. Sound sick and request the day off
wink.png
. Dont have to mention the chicks.

Orlando,

I know you will get something. I can feel it

thanks stevie you have been such a good suporter through this rollercoaster. i will have to really thank you and send you lots of pics when my babu hatches. im glad at least one of us is thinking positive lol im just really scared all my hopes are riding on this last little chickie. i know you know exactly how i feel!

I do know how ya feel. I just got some barred rock eggs in today and will put them in the bator around 10pm. 18 days is nothing. its the countdown from 19-21 that gets to ya. I cant wait to see the babies pics. I dont have dial-up so you can email me lots of pics.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom