Anybody play violin?

Guess what?? You all inspired me this morning. I went and got on a waiting list for violin lessons. It was a lot less than what I thought it would be. They said they'd probably have an opening in about two weeks or so.

You've inspired me to go ahead with my dream to learn to play a musical instrument (I never had the opportunity as a child).

I'm so excited!
wee.gif

After my kids left home (my first case of empty nest syndrome) I took up the piano. For 5 years I took lessons then realized I just don't have the talent.....
hit.gif

I still have my piano, though, so maybe someday.....

I take violin lessons via my school. It is an after-school thing that they call "String Ensemble". The school got enough violins a while ago for about 30 people so they're pretty psyched and using them whenever they can find and excuse! Considering it's only been going on for maybe 3.5 months now and we just got our music we will be playing, and none of us have ever played violin in our lives, I'm pretty impressed with our sound! I personally would like to say that we do NOT sound like dying cats! Never really have, even in the beginning...

Sorry for the roundabout answer. Yes, I am learning violin.

Do you guys like violin? I have been playing for like, around 7 years. I've been doing, learning, whatever I've been doing, Mazurka by Emil Mlynarski(that might be who wrote it. It's at least something like that, who knows, I could have spelled it wrong. Maybe.).

It will be private for a half hour each week.

I was rather bummed that there weren't any openings right away, but I'll just have to be patient.
smile.png
At least I have lots of availability in the evenings for a half-hour lesson. A lot of people on the list were like "6 pm Thursday ONLY" or similar.

Back
Top Bottom