Anybody play violin?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenmum, Jan 24, 2009.

1. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Anybody play violin? Fiddle? Are you in an orchestra?

2. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I tried to play the Violin when i was in school but it just didn't work so i moved over to the piano and i am just happy with it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    sorry allergic to rosin

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I am thinking about taking lessons this summer, but I can't decide if it's something I want to spend money on right now. [​IMG]

5. chickenmum

Dec 7, 2008
    Oh, c'mon, really? Doesn't that just sound like one of those "allergic" excuses? Does this sound mean? If you really are, what are your simtptoms?
    I play piano, too, but I am less far along in that.

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I played the violin in second grade. Played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in a recital at school. MANY years later my mom told me it was the cutest but worst rendition of TTLS that she had ever heard!![​IMG]

7. chickenmum

Dec 7, 2008
    Tweeeenkle Schreeeechle Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllltle starrrrrrrrrrrrschaaatch
    Kinda like that?

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Egg-sactly!! [​IMG]

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:They really thought i was allergic to it , my prick test showed it. But it ended up rosin was next to nickel(which i am badly allergic to)i still use the excuse though. Plus i have hard time finding a left handed violin and teacher. I tried playing guitar right handed with no succsess. I stick to keyboard and drums. But my youngest wants to learn violin(My only right hander)

10. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Played when I was in grade school, then switched to guitar in high school because it was cooler and offered more concert opportunities [​IMG] . All the teachers where I grew up only played classical stuff, so if you weren't that into Pachelbel and Mozart, you were outta luck. Weirdly, you have to go to the Big City if you want to find a violin teacher who plays Irish folk and bluegrass anymore. Go figure.

Now I don't play anything, as the guitar is collecting dust and I haven't had time to practice piano in months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by