anybody remember snow blizzard of 1993 here in the south

We lived in Jax fla at the time, remember well trying to go up the road to dd house.
fl.gif
marrie

It did trip us out in the south or at least it did me and it is true we can't drive in the stuff. It still didn't stop anyone from going out and getting stuck. lol Don't you guys remember they were calling it the thunder snow in Ga. Does anyone remember what year we got hurricane force winds all the way in the middle of the states Ga. & Al? 94 or 95 maybe.

yes that was opal in 1995 i remember it as well.....the floyd coosa valley fair packed up and left because it was blowing the rides around....we had trees down everywhere my dh took a chainsaw to work with him and sawed his way down the road

Boy, I remember! My heat had gone out the day before. The heating people were at my house when it started to snow. They closed my daughters pre-school, hubby had the only car so I couldn't leave to get her. The heat people left to go put chains on their tires, promising to come back. They were gone FOREVER!! I was sure they weren't coming back. I was in front of a small space heater trying to keep warm. DH came with daughter, heat people came back, got the heat going and all H*#@ broke lose. Yea, I remember. We got our power back pretty quickly, just had to spend 1 night freezing!

Quote:
It's called snow plow. And you really have to know your way around town because you can't see anything because the plows have made 10' walls of snow along side the road. I use to live in Mammoth.....

Come to Montana and get what we have !!!
17 below and wind blowing. 6 or 7 inches of snow on the ground !!

Acouple of my RIR hens have black on the tips of combs. I have been applying bag balm but it is soo cold. I have a 250 watt infared aiming at the roost so maybe that will help. I feel so bad I want to bring them in !!!
barnie.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the blizzard. I lost 3 silkies to freezing to death. The snow blew in all the cracks and crevices from where I wrapped the chicken house with insulating plastic. The poor silkies were sitting in a foot of snow inside my coop. It was devestating. I was so upset about seeing them dead, I sold the whole flock the following week. I started back into silkies 3 years ago, with a better looking flock. I have really insulated my houses for this year trying to be prepared.
Mary- trying to hatch some winter chicks for Christmas, and staying busy

Back
Top Bottom