Anybody try this bulk Niacin?

Timothy Menezes

Songster
6 Years
Nov 27, 2017
Monterey, California
The benefit of using niacin instead of yeast is a teaspoon of this powder is as potent as several cups of yeast. So way cheaper in the long run.

The one I linked is $5.25 for the 100 gram packet. I would go for the 250 gram packet for $11.25, or 500 grams for $20. The Kilo for $36 is of course the best deal but don't think I would live long enough to use it all lol. Unless of course I quit my job and start a duck farm! Now there's an idea worth thinking about...

I like that method. Looks quick and easy to put one of those per gallon of water. That's one methed Dave Holdered recommended in the book Stories Guide to Raising ducks.
I've seen this before and I'm kind of embarrassed to ask but how are you sure they are drinking the whole gallon of water and getting all the niacin they need? I'm sure there is a simple explanation that I don't seem to be getting that everyone else is. When I put out a gallon of water 1/2 of it's still there and muddy at the end of the day.

With ducks it's always hard to know what they drink and what they waste. But my understanding is that with water it is the percentage of water to Niacin that is important. So as long as the water is the proper mix and they drink their fill then it is good. The amount they spill is a financial loss but that's all. Unless of course they have other sources of water which can throw it off.

Back
Top Bottom