Anybody Use Manna Pro Crumble?? Need Help!

Found 30% at Orsheln's. Tractor Supply did not have anything greater than 24%.

Read somewhere about using breakfast cereal? It seems high in salt as well. Bran that I have 340mg per cup.

Read egg yolk on this forum a few times. Any other human food items from the store that work in a pinch?

I'm giving them egg yolk right now..
They are diggin in
smile.png
That's a good sign...
But they peck a little, then sleep, drink water, peck again..

They don't seem to eat alot tho..

smile.png
Thnx for help..
Anymore food that might help?

Quote:
Just buy yourself a big bag of Purina mills non-medicated GBS! Feed it from hatch to dispatch. It will serve you well! You may have to look around to find it, but nothing wrong with a good chase!

joe125

Just buy yourself a big bag of Purina mills non-medicated GBS! Feed it from hatch to dispatch. It will serve you well! You may have to look around to find it, but nothing wrong with a good chase!

http://wildlife.purinamills.com/products/ECMD2-0017382.aspx

I can help you with the chase that Joe speaks of. Go to Purinas web site and search their dealer locator for Game Bird Startera. It is a 30% protein and my quail seem to love it. I found two stores in town that I didn't even realize carried quail food. Good luck.

that's what I did and that's why I went to TSC yesterday... well.. they didn't happen to have purina..

Don't most of the stores close today?
I know closer store but they don't open on weekends..
and I doubt they open today.. since it's memorial day

The black specks are mold. You feed it to your birds and risking aspiriggillis (or however you spell it). Fungal toxicity and death.

So by boiling egg yolk and giving it to them that was the better choice. I admit I was a manna pro fan until the feed proved me wrong. Purina doesn't do justice but it will do. One day there will be a good feed out there.

With cbbq the high protein is essential for growth, when they reach adulthood you mix it with finch seeds (oyster shells should be given at day one too I forgot to mention). You can lower protein during the winter months or after 14-15 weeks. Quail only need the starter to grow anyhow.

99.8% Of All Tsc's In This Country Do Not Carry Any Type Of Gamebird Feed Dispite Being Purina Full Line Dealers They Wont Even Order It On Your Request From My Experience And Many Others Here On The Board. Thats Why When I Tell Folks To Use The Dealer Locator On The Purina Mills Website I Tell Them To Automatically Scratch Off All Tsc Locations Then Start Calling Whats Left On Your List.

Of Course They Are A Retail Chain So When You Walk In They Will More Than Happily Steer You To The Imposter Starters Like Dumor And Others That State Good For All Birds... Yadda Yadda-- It Ends Up Being Advertizing Poppycock And There Really Should Be Some Sort Of Warning Label Somewhere...

Bottom Line You're Not The Only 1 Who's Experienced This Sort Of Thing

Back
Top Bottom