Anybody want Lavender Silkie eggs- trade me what u got!!!!!

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
anyone want to swap Split Lavender silkie eggs for crafts/gifts ????

Hi all.. With xmas creeping so fast and money being really tight I was wondering if anyone wants to trade eggs with me for items I can give as gifts-kids-women-men--just tell me what you got!!!

I am leaving for CO. Sat for work and have just put some of my breeder pens together-

I have a black bearded silkie hen and a black bantam cochin hen in with a Lavender silkie roo!!! They each lay everyday-I will not ship eggs until they have been together for 3 weeks to make sure the eggs are pure-I dont have any other bantam roos old enough to mate-them so the possibility of them being fertile by anything else is slim to none but I am good to my word and want to be at peace when I say the eggs will be pure of what is in the breeder pen.

I also have an EE girl-that lays the most beautiful blue eggs-she has been laying 3-4 weeks -she is with a 1/2 favorelle-1/2 Amaracauna Roo ( he's my only roo right now and has been for the past 4-5 weeks) I also have Bo's-RIR's- with him-
I can start shipping around Mon the 23rd of November-

So if these guys peak any interest let me know Ill post photos AS soon as I can-

Here's my boy KFC
25181_cimg2517.jpg

Lav silkie roo "Lily" dont ask LOL
25181_cimg1754.jpg

Heres my balck bearded silkie hen hiding under my car a few weeks ago
25181_cimg2598.jpg

the bantam cochin i will try and get pictures tonight-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I'm making a couple beadwork necklaces with amethyst centers, if those are something you think your friends/family would like as gifts. I've also been learning to use the round loom so I have a gazillion hats.

I wouldn't mind having a couple pretties in the flock. My niece is coming out to stay with us a while and she'd love to have a couple fancy birds to be 'hers'. She still doesn't believe me that there are chickens that lay blue eggs.

More photos coming tonight-Id be willing to trade for just about anything if I know I can give it to certain people:)

Quote:
I love her blue eggs! I have saved every one of them and made into Xmas tree ornaments!! Got any pictures or your hats and jewlery??? Sounds cool!

rocks.jpg

These are the stones I was planning to use over the next month or so.

Got a nice tiger's eye donut, some amethysts, a hematite, a red-tiger's eye, a mossy agate, and a few miscellaneous pretties.

Some of my finished stuff is here :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256163&p=3
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256163&p=1

Don't have to many pictures of my beadwork, but I'll photograph my current piece as soon as it's done.

and here are a couple of the hats I've done:

hats.jpg

Last edited:
I am supposed to get an incubator for christmas and would love to trade. These are not handmade, but I sell them on my website. They are "Pandora-like" bracelets. My little girls and my friends love them. Here's a link to see what I have in stock. http://www.proverbs31hands.com/laney-claires-bead-shop.html . You can click on the pics of the bracelets there to enlarge the photo and get an idea of what they look like up close. Also, on my website, you can find bamboo needles (knitting and crochet) for sale. You have to click on More and then Shop to get to that. I have some shortages of some sizes but if they work for what you need, let me know and I'll check availability. If you can use anything you see in my shop, I'd love to make a deal, though I'd need to hold off on getting the eggs until I get the bator if that would be ok.

On the homemade front:

I also spin and have some handspun yarns available if you have knitters or crocheters on your list. I just took my Etsy shop down to redo it. What's available on my website is not my newest stuff, and I don't have my latest yarns on there. But here are few pics of samples of my work. These are hand dyed Merinos. They are superwash and will not felt readily, but still need to be cared for like any wool with gentle hand washing in cold water and little agitation.

10282_water_earth_sky.jpg

10282_county_fair_yarn.jpg

For little girls, I have fabric crayon rolls. (Sorry, no boy fabric, but I can do it if needed...) Here are some samples of one fabric... I do have others available:

10282_crayon_roll.jpg

10282_crayon_roll2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Those bracelettes are amazingly cute! Im so into getting those!!! I would need 2 one for a 11yr old girl and 1 for a 14 yr ols freshman girl--what you got any ideas??? Ill relook at them in a bit I have dinner to make:)

Quote:
Those belts are wicked! Do you make them without the jingly stuff on the ends? My dogs would go nuts if they heard those noises haha! Id love 2 of those too!!!

Back
Top Bottom