ANYBODY What will I get if I cross a Buff Silkie with a White Silkie?

Quote:
NZ... you sure you aint from New Zealand, ALABAMA or somwhere? You sure sound like you have a lot of 'suthin' in you... LOL

Nahh.. but whenever you want to loan out your sheriff arpaio, we'll have him.
lol.png

What's a sheriff arpaio?

OK I see buff I see black I see gray I see white and I see some Partridge? And I see you Romper Stomper !...... Too young for Romper Stomper Room?

It's hard to tell, but are the colors clean in the solids? Or are there some feathers that are different colors? Did you just take that photo now?

Too many questions?

we have light and dark partridge, white, black, blue, splash, barred, crele, and buff. The colours are reasonably clean except for buff, the blacks are clean, you get roosters with slight silvery neck every now and then. Photo was taken 2 days ago.... I'll see if I have a clearer one...

I have a couple chicks right now that are crosses between a Buff and a White. They started out as Buff colored chicks, but their wing feathers are coming in White. They were definitely a different color than my white chicks, but are ending up the same color or so it seems. Their little heads are still buff at the moment. I am assuming they will just be white, maybe with a shade difference?

Wow! I just realized you're from NZ too! Well then you probably don't know what romper room is then....

I've read that buffs are hard to breed "clear" I think my 1 buff has a touch of black in her wing or tail feathers... can't tell as it is still dark here and at 6AM Yes I am a nite owl and about to go to bed
tongue.png
But when I wake around noon or so I'll find out
lol.png

no.. 'fraid not.. but we did get a movie called romper stomper.. staring Russell crowe...
lol.png

The buffs are not clean here either, I bred them with blues... seems to reduce the extremities of the feather tip colours...

Wow! What a nice colorful flock!!!!!

That is exactly why I am having a hard time on trying to pick one color and sticking with it, because I love them all. I think I need to buy a house on more land so I can have more chickens.....then I could have a small flock of each color
big_smile.png

I love the gray ones too! Or are they blues??? Not sure but I see one with a big fluffy butt
lol.png

Thanks for the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom