Anyone an avid tree-climber?

Scratchychiken

Songster
5 Years
Aug 29, 2015
South-West Tennessee
I love tree climbing. I try to get out there everyday. I had no one to re-teach me unfortunately (I stopped climbing as much up til 8th grade) so I have a scar on my chest, lotta soreness, and thick calluses. The pain was worth it though, because the thrill is awesome! The wind on my face, the branches rustling in the wind, the bark beneath my feet. I’m so fanatical about it, when I see a tree, I don’t just SEE a tree. I analyze the given structure and how to maneuver in it. Should I brachiate? Should I brachiate with all four limbs or just arms? Can I balance on that branch alone? Can the branches hold my weight? Is the trunk too wide to climb at my current level of skill? Indeed, I am quite obsessed.

Unfortunately most of my friends don’t care for it as much, the closest I’ve got to a climbing buddy is the cat, and one of the hens who perched next to me. XD

Just a little fact about myself, and something that defines my life. :)
Would appreciate hearing if anyone else shares a love of trees.

I love climbing trees as well! Sadly, we don’t have any “claimable” trees, they don’t split until really high. But we use to have a blossoming tree that had split at the very base as a sapling, one side grew steep, the other not so, and the twisted branches made the perfect playground! My cat is also a climber. Mostly running from the dogs, then relying on me to get him. Once he got in the book of a pretty tall oak tree, and Despite my height, I couldn’t reach him, and my uncle was borrowing our ladder, as they were painting their new house. So I, the marvelous engineer, stacked 9 water buckets, then somehow got on top of them, and plucked my kitty out!
If I had good climbing trees, I’d be in them all the time!

Back
Top Bottom