Anyone concerned about the Swine Flu that owns pigs???

There have been no confirmed cases of this flu in pigs. And they don't believe it started in pigs. Our local farm broadcaster had a story on it this morning. The interesting thing is he just came back from Washington DC and he said there they won't even say the word, pig. They stressed not to call it by that farm animal name.

Thanks for all of the information.... Sure does give one pause when you hear of countries killing mass herds of swine....

Very sad for the swine industry!!
sad.png

Guess I'll keep my eye open for some good pig deals and make my son VERY happy!!
smile.png

The flu virus contains swine DNA, but at this point theres nothing to prove that it can even be caught by or from pigs. Likely it mutated some where a long the line since it was in pigs.

Quote:
It also contains DNA from chickens and another flu. Does that mean we should all avoid our chickens? NO.

It's as Buster said, a reckless move by irresposible media.

Well I was listening to the news this morning and the CDC raised the pandemic level to a 5, I guess that's a first time in a very long time they've done that. I have to admit, i'm a little worried....cause it looks like it spreads so quickly. So i'm just gonna stay in my little corner of the world and hope and pray it doesn't come here.

Quote:
I am sorry I must have misunderstood that money was set aside to plan for potential pandemic preparedness. I did not know it was to frighten us I mistakenly thought if was to give a level of confidence and preparedness instead of running around like chickens with our heads off like right now.

But then Bush did not have the media in his back pocket either, and did very little to control them. OTOH our currant president is the darling of the media and so far has not called for calm, or shown any sense to lead in a time where the country is headed for mass hysteria of a insignificant illness in the US so far.

But again I was remiss and I'm sorry I forgot this was probably GWB fault like everything else is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom