Anyone Do Genealogy?

I have an aunt who has helped me--mainly what I'm looking for are incidents and stories to put in my book about my grandfather/his family. She has helped me immensely, taking me around to all the places he's lived...Then I found some books at the library that talk about some of my ancestors and I'm just trying to piece everything together. It's really neat when you figure something out!

One thing that helps is I live in the vicinity where the main line has lived.

Back to the diaries--on my maternal side, there is evidence of several generations keeping some diaries but we think there are some missing. You have to wonder what happened to them.

Quote:
I haven't done much withmy dad's family, mostly my mom's.

My grandpa's name was Karrar - there are like only 13 Karrars in databases all over the U.S, - I'm related to most of them
lau.gif
only other Karrars are either in Saudi Arabia or Sweden - Grandpa's parents came to Michigan from Canada and spoke a germanic language, so I'm guessing Sweden. They are mixed with Ojibwa, however, so I really am having a difficult time on his line.

I did, however, manage to tie my Stambaughs in to the Felix Stambach line (finally!!!) so I have volumes written on that line to look for (books, websites, etc...) Sometimes ya get lucky. I also got lucky with my Kinne line - tied that one to England then to Salem MA - they were all messed up in the Witch Trials. Interesting stories there, of who married whom and such - and which side of the issue they were on (I had them on both sides). Kinne is a big name with lots of records, too.

Most of the names, however, are harder to find - for instance my GGG Grandpa Ingall (no S) came from England, but he isn't related (unless WAY back to the Ingalls) He didn't come over until 1869. But one of his uncles did go to Australia and they are a pretty big name down there.

Hubby needs computer for a bit, got to go.

bak

meri

Last edited:
On a few of the census's I have searched, I will find a couple of the folks I am looking for and not a single entry for others I know should be there. Anyone know why they would be missing?

Back
Top Bottom