1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone else a Doctor Who fan???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FLchook, Mar 8, 2008.

1. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Or am I the only geek here? [​IMG]

Ive been anxiously awaiting the return of season 4, which Im happy to annouce starts April 18th on the Sci Fi channel. Only problem is....we dont have that channel LOL.

They are also premiering the "Sarah Jane Adventures" A spin off of Doctor Who...I cant wait!!

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Plenty of geeks here. I liked the old version.

Have you checked Itunes for the new Dr. Who? They probably sell the
    whole season there for $15.

3. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Heck ya. At first I wasn't sure anyone could replace Tom Baker (never got into Davidson) but Eccleston and now Tennant are doing fine jobs. You need to get scifi. Or BBC America, they show it about 6 months after scifi.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Add me to the list. I loved the old Dr Who shows when I was a kid. Tom Baker was my favorite Dr.

5. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes!!

I'm too young to remember the old series....when I was a kid, we didn't have a TV.

I stumbled across the new series by accident 2 years ago, watched the first episode, and was hooked! Obsessed actually. Then, I moved in with my sister & b-i-l last year, -just- when s.3 was starting on scifi. ....And they don't have any TV channels at all. :-(

We -do- have Netflix, and when I can convince b-i-l, he puts a show on his list. I've gotten them to watch s.1&s.2, so hopefully we'll be seeing some s.3 soon. (fingers crossed) In the meantime; Netflix online lets me watch some of the old ones. Watching the Keys to Time series now.

PC...I'll have to look into the iTunes possibility. That'd be nice.

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    You bet your sonic screwdriver I'm a Whovian.
    IMO Tom Baker was by far the best Doctor.

7. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    put me on the list also. Dr.Who and red dwarf are some of my favorites.

8. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Tennant's my favourite so far, but I've only really seen 9 & 10. The online episodes I've watched (old show) don't play smoothly...and its tricky to get the full effect of acting when the characters stop moving every 5 seconds!!

9. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Hey NewGuineaChooks.........check out www.surfthechannel.com you can see all the shows...including season 3 and the Chrismas special!!

10. CrystalWho

CrystalWho Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    The TARDIS
    I'm a compleat who fan. hince the name, crystalwho. David tennant's my fav but Matt Smith is a close second! I need to make a little bowtie and fez for my chicken...

Edited because: I cannot spell david or put any spaces behind the name for some odd reason. I'm an odd ood. lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by