Anyone Else as Stubborn or Cheap as Me?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Nov 11, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hubby is not speaking to me as I won't turn the heat on in the house. I'm cheap! Its 62 in here, or so they thermastat says, and to me.... just put on some slippers and a sweatshirt and DEAL WITH IT!

[​IMG]

Anything else you do that makes someone believe you're CHEAP?! (I like to think I'm thrifty. [​IMG] )

2. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I'm very thrifty. Frugal even. But never cheap! I'm going out to dig dandelion root because its "healthy", not 'cause I'm out of real coffee.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Nope, I'm toasty warm! 87 right now...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:I've been collecting rose hips because I know I need the Vit C since I'm sick all the time. Hubby tells me to just buy the vitamins! But it's thrifty this way! [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am the same way. Our house is 52. Will not go any higher since I pay the bill while trying to save up for a new barn. new windows, etc. My husband understands though. I tell him to exercise or wear the sweater that has been laying in the bedroom for years. Nice and warm [​IMG] Yesterday I turned on teh heat for the first time this winter because the house was 48 when i came from work.

6. jpsbcfc

jpsbcfc Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    west midlands, uk
    our boiler packed up months ago and we are awaiting a replacement, we have no choice but to wrap up!

7. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    I am always cold and hate it, but I think it is ridiculous when people turn the heat up when they are running around in shorts and t-shirts. Perhaps some can't make the seasonal transition as quickly as others.

8. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    My hubby and kids feel the same way! You are not alone, LOL. Mine is set to 60 degrees and Lord help the person who tries to turn it up. I buy fresh stretchy gloves and hats every year and tell them to put them on.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My husband is tight with a dollar, which is good in alot of ways; we are completely debt free. Still I do wish he would stop cranking the heat up while he gets ready for work each morning. He forgets to turn it back down and I wake up roasting. [​IMG]

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Hahaha... that sounds like what my hubby would do, but he'd get caught and have to face me.

He's not working right now, so I'm the first one up in the morning. If he'd get us $80 we could fill the propane tank to the fireplace and use that. But after $250 a month electric bills for the AC running all summer... I'm done with that bill!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by