Anyone Else as Stubborn or Cheap as Me?

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
Hubby is not speaking to me as I won't turn the heat on in the house. I'm cheap! Its 62 in here, or so they thermastat says, and to me.... just put on some slippers and a sweatshirt and DEAL WITH IT!

lol.png

Anything else you do that makes someone believe you're CHEAP?! (I like to think I'm thrifty.
wink.png
)

I'm very thrifty. Frugal even. But never cheap! I'm going out to dig dandelion root because its "healthy", not 'cause I'm out of real coffee.

Quote:
I've been collecting rose hips because I know I need the Vit C since I'm sick all the time. Hubby tells me to just buy the vitamins! But it's thrifty this way!
big_smile.png

I am the same way. Our house is 52. Will not go any higher since I pay the bill while trying to save up for a new barn. new windows, etc. My husband understands though. I tell him to exercise or wear the sweater that has been laying in the bedroom for years. Nice and warm
smile.png
Yesterday I turned on teh heat for the first time this winter because the house was 48 when i came from work.

I am always cold and hate it, but I think it is ridiculous when people turn the heat up when they are running around in shorts and t-shirts. Perhaps some can't make the seasonal transition as quickly as others.

My hubby and kids feel the same way! You are not alone, LOL. Mine is set to 60 degrees and Lord help the person who tries to turn it up. I buy fresh stretchy gloves and hats every year and tell them to put them on.

My husband is tight with a dollar, which is good in alot of ways; we are completely debt free. Still I do wish he would stop cranking the heat up while he gets ready for work each morning. He forgets to turn it back down and I wake up roasting.
rant.gif

Quote:
Hahaha... that sounds like what my hubby would do, but he'd get caught and have to face me.

He's not working right now, so I'm the first one up in the morning. If he'd get us $80 we could fill the propane tank to the fireplace and use that. But after $250 a month electric bills for the AC running all summer... I'm done with that bill!!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom