Anyone else been to the WEG?

We took our 3 kids - 9.5, 4.5, 3. We sat about 5 rows back from the action during a Jumping event. We (hubby and I) LOVED being that close. The stands were EMPTY. We could have moved to the front row and no one would notice, but there was no point. No one was in front of us as it was! A bit pricey, esp for the 5 of us to go, but we figured it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I thought the AllTech experience area was going to have more hands-on things for the kiddos. I just didn't see it. We were hoping to see the penguins from the Newport Aquarium but they were only there on the weekends and we were there on a Tuesday. The vendors, in general, didn't excite us much since we don't have horses. Most seemed to be geared towards horse owners/riders. There was some fantastic art, though! Paintings, prints, etc. My 4.5 yr old wants a horse themed room so I bought her a very cool wall hangint from Alphabet Art. I had scoped them out online and knew what I wanted - so easy-peasy to locate them and get what I wanted. The entire horsepark was easy to get around in because it was not filled to capacity.... that made it nice for us
smile.png

I'm glad we went, though. I'm not sure the kids really knew the magnitude of the event. The horse-loving 4.5 yr old lost interest in the Jumping rather quickly. The 3 yr old -- she gave up even sooner. I guess the repetition of the event bored them ... and that is why we didn't go to Dressage! Being as close as we were, I got some amazing pictures. I'll take 1-2 of them and have mpix.com make wall clings out of them for my daughter's room
smile.png
It will replace the pic of the giraffe I took and had lifesizegreetings.com make a 6' giraffe. I love custom art work
smile.png

Quote:
Don't feel bad, we were there on Saturday and still couldn't find the penguins! Did the older ones ride the mechanical cow cutting horse? My GS liked that even if it wasn't very fast.

Back
Top Bottom