1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Anyone else doing bird tlc?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by incubatingisfun, May 31, 2011.

1. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    We just took the class and signed up today [​IMG].I am so excited to get a call to come pick up the birds!I was just wondering who else is waiting or already has baby birds from bird tlc?Any tips from people who havedone this in the past would be greatly apriciated [​IMG]

2. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Sorry, I haven't heard of it before, but what is tlc? It sounds kinda interesting.

3. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    It is a program where you can sign up to take care of baby birds that are abandoned then you release them into the wild.I think its going to be fun

4. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG]
    I think that sounds awesome too!
    Oh, does tlc stand for Tender loving care? That makes sense. Is this program only in the States?

5. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    I am not sure what tlc stands for but that would make sense.one second I will got look it up

6. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Okay! [​IMG]

So with these birds.... what exactly do you feed them? Is it just like with chicks?

7. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    bird treatment and learning center.I think it may only be in alaska but maybe other states may have a similiar program.No for most of the birds they give you this mixture you have to feed them every 20 minutes for 12 hours a day

8. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Oh, so it wasn't tender loving care [​IMG] Close enough!

20 minutes a day?! Wow, that's a lot of work. Are you going to take it out with you? [​IMG] It'd be too small to eat by itself out of a dish, wouldn't it....

9. incubatingisfun

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    hahahaha.got to feed it every to minutes definently alot of work.yeah if I want to do anything i would have to take it with me or have someone take care of it for a while.it cant eat out of a dish till its older

10. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Well, good luck is all I can say. You'll have to post pictures, I love seeing baby birds. [​IMG] I don't usually get to lay eyes on many, no idea where to look [​IMG]

What kind of birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by