Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

Add us to the list of 'waitees'.
They were put in the bator on May 10th. They'll hatch more or less April 4th and be shipped that day. They'll be received on Good Friday.
Can't wait! Easter fuzzies!
Patience is not one of my best qualities. Christmas is easier, because one can peek! Cannot peek this way. ARGH! I feel like I'm 9 years old again.
Is it time yet?
How about now?
Not yet? Well, now?
Please?!

2 more days for us.

wee.gif

My 25 chicks ship Saturday, I can't wait! Does anyone know how Murray McMurray ships? I don't know if it's Priority Mail, Express Mail or Overnight anyone know the answer to this? I worry about them sitting at the Post Office all day Sunday.

MM ships USPS Express Mail. I would contact your USPS distribution center (dock supervisor) and let them know that your shipment could possibly be coming through on Sunday. Leave your name and phone number with them and let them know you are willing to try to pick them up when they arrive (if possible). My order came through in 2 days and only 1 died (about 12 hours after arrival). Still have 27 going strong after 10 days.

I never order unless I know when they will be shipped when I order. McMurray is good for having hatch dates right on their website, but every hatchery I have ever bought from was able to give me dates when I ordered. Just call them and buy over the phone.

I started researching in 2009. Just moved to a place where we can have chickens. Started buying last month and just got our last additions on the 10th of this month. 17 chickens total right now. Good luck to everybody on your hatching, shipments, or feed store purchases. I'm happy to say I got all of my brood locally.

I started researching in 2009. Just moved to a place where we can have chickens. Started buying last month and just got our last additions on the 10th of this month. 17 chickens total right now. Good luck to everybody on your hatching, shipments, or feed store purchases. I'm happy to say I got all of my brood locally.
I would love to know how you integrated the new ones with the older chicks...

I would love to know how you integrated the new ones with the older chicks...

My first addition was 4 Delawares and a Silkie. The next week I got 4 RIR hens. The Delawares are now 7 weeks old. We have them in a sectioned off area in the coop until they get big enough to hang with big girls. The silkie, barnyard bantams, and the EEs are in a brooder in my garage right now. So, as of now I have not integrated anybody, but when we get to that point I'm sure it'll work out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom