Anyone else doing the "chick wait"?

gg706

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
I am due to get my chicks in April. I have waited about 5 years to get my husband on board. Finally this is the year! I am having a hard time waiting! I want to email the breeder everyday so see what spot I am on the list. It is making me crazy! I have thought several times about going to TSC "just to look". I am going to resist this temptation.....Anyone else feel my pain doing the "chick wait"?
barnie.gif

Mine are due to arrive the week of the 21st of May. 2 WEEKS!!! Waiting, waiting. I have everything, just have to set up the brooder.

ME!!!!! We ordered our first brood (3 speckled sussex, 3 golden comets, 2 araucana) from the local AGWAY a couple of weeks ago, and they're coming in at the end of the month. My son (3 and a half) is very excited, but out of sight out of mind for a three year old. Myself on the other hand, I'm going crazy. To pass the time, I've been working on designing and building the coop/run in our backyard.

I've also had to resist the temptation to go and "just look" at the chicks at TSC.

OH YEAH!!!! The chick wait SUCKS!!! LOL
he.gif

But for me, the wait is almost over!!! 2 days from today I will be picking up the majority of my chicks from a local feed store
wee.gif
... My brooder is ready to go, and I am building my coop and run starting Saturday as well
celebrate.gif

I DID go to TSC to look ... and it was SOOOO difficult not buying some on the spot ... it's a good thing I had my wife there to pull me away ... and I had to pull her away from the baby ducks
lol.png

Here is my "Chick Wait" journey thus far if you wanna see an obsessed Chick Waiter
lau.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...of-my-plans-and-rooster-issue/30#post_8546125

Yup, I have 30 eggs in my incubator right now, today is day 11 for my duck eggs and day 4 for my chicken eggs. Its driving me crazy waiting. There's still 17 days to go! This Monday there will bw two week. Can't wait for them to hatch! Getting to anxious!

Yes me!!! my chicks are supposed to ship on Monday, I have full grown chickens,but never chicks. I am so excited, nervous etc. Gonna get the brooder set up this weekend.Still confused about what kind of light to use.

I REALLY enjoyed reading your story! I hope everything is going well! You and your wife seem like very special people. God Bless you to take in a child, that would be a very hard thing to do ....a perfect unselfish act! I am happy to know your wait is over and the fun is beginning! Let us all know how it works out. I will be checking your story regularly. God Bless.
OH YEAH!!!! The chick wait SUCKS!!! LOL
he.gif

But for me, the wait is almost over!!! 2 days from today I will be picking up the majority of my chicks from a local feed store
wee.gif
... My brooder is ready to go, and I am building my coop and run starting Saturday as well
celebrate.gif

I DID go to TSC to look ... and it was SOOOO difficult not buying some on the spot ... it's a good thing I had my wife there to pull me away ... and I had to pull her away from the baby ducks
lol.png

Here is my "Chick Wait" journey thus far if you wanna see an obsessed Chick Waiter
lau.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...of-my-plans-and-rooster-issue/30#post_8546125

Thank You all for the replies! I am happy to know I am not the only one counting the days and acting like a lunatic waiting for the chick delivery! I am pretty sure my husband probably thinks I am crazy.....
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom