Anyone else dreaming of Cemanis?

Looks like an overdone Sumatra. To be totally black like that is a bit wicked looking though. And as far as any available in the USA, I'd have to say no. Otherwise, you'd see them on Eggbid bringing high prices.
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
From experience, I wouldn't suggest getting Polish and Sumatrans and keeping them together. The Sumatra is a really active bird and mine enjoys putting lower ranking birds in their place, as well as playing roughly. Polish are quite the opposite on the first note but they do like to play around. Which gets them into trouble with Sumatrans. My Sumatra scares my Polish to death. Live and learn, right? Sorry, didn't want to hijack.
th.gif

On a related note, the Cemani doesn't even have shiny feathers! It almost reminds me of a shadow of another chicken.

absolutly beautiful birds
I have never seen this bird anywhere for sale, too bad.
I do think it was offered on that Italian page I posted a while ago. they had quite a few birds that we dont have here

Last edited:
Yes there is at least one breeder in the US that I know of. Last I heard, she isn't letting any of them go. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can link you up to pics of other Cemani out of the country, post processing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom