What breed did I buy?

EvelienA

Hatching
6 Years
May 18, 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
Hello everybody,

I have a small silkie that I bought as a little chick. When the weather got better It stayed inside his house and was breeding on the eggs of the other chickens. I thought this was a little bit sad, because the eggs weren't fertilized, so I went to the market and bought silkie eggs and eggs of another species. (I don't know what the other species is in English : this is the google link to pohotograps :

https://www.google.be/search?q=holl...%2Fdieren%2Fkippen%2Fkrielkippen.html;640;427)

It was the first time I ever let my chicken breed the eggs and I was not 100% prepared. (The other chickens bothered her a lot, I only noticed this after a week). I don't know what happened but one egg (out of 5) hatched yesterday, this was day 27. (I placed 2 eggs in the incubator and they hatched day 20).

Now, my question is the following, which species hatched under my silkie? I thought it was a silkie but the eggs I bought were white, black or buff chickens according the salesperson. The eggs that hatched in my incubator had black legs, this one has 'normal colored' legs. The first one is a photo of my silkie that hatched last week. I know the photos aren't perfect but I'm afraid to bother them to match.

That's so exciting! I'd love to hatch a little mystery bird!
It certainly looks like a chicken, but 27 days incubating? Maybe its some other kind of fowl. Very interesting and very cute!

Back
Top Bottom