Anyone else dreaming of Cemanis?

I would say that it might have some the same Genetics as the Sumatra..
Here is some information on the Ayam Cemani....

Chris

Last edited:
I didnt see feathersite until now.. I saw them in the Chicken Colours book. black MEAT AND BONE, BLOOD AND ORGANS??? I know it's supposed to be "mystical" and little is known... but is that even possible? Oxygen is oxygen and it must have red blood cells to live... wow.. I wonder what could possibly make that happen and wonder if this has occurred in any other species..!!!

They don't even look real. But
droolin.gif

They really don't look real. I have this really nice high quality photo here in the book, there are closeups of the feet, wings, head, a chick photo and a whole adult flock photo too.. just amazing... the sheen to these feathers looks almost teal and solid it's so striking...

I too have been eyeing Sumatras from a distance... they are on my .. after-I-slim-down-to-a-manageable-size-flock list.... with a cute crested polish or two...

Last edited:
Quote:
Silkies have colored meat, organs and bone too. I know that is true because have butchered and eaten silkies.. probably can find pictures of dressed black skin chickens via google.

Blood is normal red though. Claim about black blood is probably just hyping about "how BLAAACK they are!!11!!"

IIRC, Sumatras arent "supposed" to have black skin, just the Gypsy face- dark skin on face only with rest of body skin being normal colored. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some with dark skin..

Back
Top Bottom