Anyone else ever hear of this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yotetrapper, Mar 28, 2009.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I got pulled over by one of "Illinois' finest" the other night, for no license plate light. He then informed me I needed to remove my trailer ball hitch from my truck because it "makes your (license) plate a little hard to read".

Now, I live in farming country and purt near every darn truck has a ball on the bumper. They could have a real hay day handing out tickets for bumper hitch balls in this county LOL.

Is this even really a law?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You probably need to check your local laws.

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I have heard of needing a license plate light but the trailer hitch ball, never heard of that one. I bet you felt like [​IMG] him.

4. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

My hubby which is one of "Arkansas finest" [​IMG] says that it is a law in AR. It just isn't one that they push. You will have to check your individual state's laws.

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    To many unnessary laws if you ask me....

6. arllcountrygirl

Yep - and there is always a B-Hole that thinks he is top dog [​IMG] b/c he wears a badge and wants to enforce and push every little thing.

LOL!! I am around them all the time and not all but some have MAJOR ego issues.

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I'm not taking off my ball. If they want to ticket me for it, I think I'll demand a jury trial. I'd like to see a jury of the farmers in this county convict me for having a trailer hitch on my truck.

8. arllcountrygirl

Quote:[​IMG] We have one on every vehicle that we own. [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yep, my fiance' who is also one of Arkansas' finest, says the same thing. And Arkansas is nothing if not a rural state.

10. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

My dad always kept one on his truck, if he had anything to pull or not. In his words, "to keep those tailing ***s from getting too close!" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by